Ever heard of a 4 exposure roll of film?

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by gbenic, Apr 7, 2007.

1. I bought some more film for my 6006. I loaded a roll. After 4 exposures, it wouldn't advance anymore and the window said "End". It appears to have forgotten the other 20 shots I had left. I am hoping it wasn't anything with the camera and just a film or user issue. I loaded another roll and got to 7 shots so far. I will go finish the roll this morning to make sure all is well.

2. That's funny Greg. I had something similar happen once. Only I got 8 shots on a 36 exposure roll. I was developing my own, so I was really shocked to unload the film canister to find I'd been "short-sheeted" by Kodak!:eek: Shortly after that I started bulk loading my own film!!!!!:wink: (though I did get about 45 shots on a 36 exposure roll once..............but that's another subject all together!):biggrin:

3. I finished the second roll without much fanfare. It sounded a little tight towards the end, though.

4. Some manufacturer trying to save a tenth of a cent!:biggrin:

5. I have been buying the Fuji Superia 1600. This time I got the 800. I have 2 more rolls. I hope not to have any issues with them.

6. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    I have had trouble with 3 rolls of film in my F5. On all 3 occasions, the roll appeared to end early, and the 'END' annunciator came on. One was a roll of Pan F, and two were trix. I pulled one of the rolls of trix out, and started it again. It did the same thing the second time.

And on one occasion, I loaded a roll of 36 exposure trix, but it hit end at 25 frames. I thought it was the same problem, but when I developed it, there were only 25 frames on the roll - the numbers went up to 27 and then stopped. Looks like Kodak should hire back a couple of those QC guys!