1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Ever heard of a 4 exposure roll of film?

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by gbenic, Apr 7, 2007.

1. I bought some more film for my 6006. I loaded a roll. After 4 exposures, it wouldn't advance anymore and the window said "End". It appears to have forgotten the other 20 shots I had left. I am hoping it wasn't anything with the camera and just a film or user issue. I loaded another roll and got to 7 shots so far. I will go finish the roll this morning to make sure all is well.

2. That's funny Greg. I had something similar happen once. Only I got 8 shots on a 36 exposure roll. I was developing my own, so I was really shocked to unload the film canister to find I'd been "short-sheeted" by Kodak!:eek:  Shortly after that I started bulk loading my own film!!!!!:wink: (though I did get about 45 shots on a 36 exposure roll once..............but that's another subject all together!):biggrin:

3. I finished the second roll without much fanfare. It sounded a little tight towards the end, though.

4. Some manufacturer trying to save a tenth of a cent!:biggrin:

5. I have been buying the Fuji Superia 1600. This time I got the 800. I have 2 more rolls. I hope not to have any issues with them.

6. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    I have had trouble with 3 rolls of film in my F5. On all 3 occasions, the roll appeared to end early, and the 'END' annunciator came on. One was a roll of Pan F, and two were trix. I pulled one of the rolls of trix out, and started it again. It did the same thing the second time.

And on one occasion, I loaded a roll of 36 exposure trix, but it hit end at 25 frames. I thought it was the same problem, but when I developed it, there were only 25 frames on the roll - the numbers went up to 27 and then stopped. Looks like Kodak should hire back a couple of those QC guys!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.