1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Ever-ready style pouch for DSLR?

Discussion in 'Other Cool Gear, Camera Bags, Camera Straps' started by TetonTom, Aug 4, 2009.

1. TetonTom

TetonTom

Aug 28, 2008
    Colorado, USA
    Mt favorite way to walk-around with a camera is with just one camera and one lens. I've always liked ever-ready style cases for this application, especially neoprene ones; padded, fairly weather-proof, and easy to get into.
    On trekking/climbing/skiing trips I keep my FE2 w/28-80 in a Zing brand neoprene case and love it! I've also tried Op-Tech's equivalent, and they're pretty nice, too.
    Does anyone know of a pouch like this that is designed for DSLR's, giving access to screens and buttons on the camera back? Something that would nicely fit a D90 w/ 18-55 or a prime 28 or 50?

2. TetonTom

TetonTom

Aug 28, 2008
    Colorado, USA
    I'm still looking, and the closest I've found is this little number, but only for Olympus e-420. I may take pictures of this item to a local leather-smith here in Mendoza, and see if he can stitch me up something like this for my D90.
    Still, if anyone knows of one commercially available, please post.

3. GH41

GH41

Nov 18, 2008
    HHI
    Have you thought about using a top loading pouch that mounts on a belt and a long neck strap on the camera? You could draw the camera from that faster than un snapping all of the covers on something like that Olympus thing. Leather would be the last material I would use if there was a chance of my gear getting wet. GH

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.