1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Ever wonder why we spend so much on lenses...

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by PeteZ28, Aug 8, 2008.

1. PeteZ28

PeteZ28

Oct 5, 2007
    Newtown, PA
    ... to put things OUT of focus? 50mm f/1.4, 85mm f1.4, 200mm f/2.0, 400mm f/2.8 etc.

Just a random thought :biggrin:

2. smodak

smodak

Jun 11, 2007
    Franklin MA US
    My wife tries to put me out of focus when she sees a new expensive lens...:biggrin:

3. LOL! True....but FUN!

4. yeah...
    i get plenty of that at my house, as well... :redface:

5. That way we can go to our "minister of finance" and say "Look at how poorly this piece of Cr%$p focuses. I sure could use a better lens!"

6. Pete, we're all very sick puppies.......

7. Did someone mention sick puppies?

2726635377_da64268660.

8. Jonathan

Jonathan

Jun 11, 2005
    Southern Maine
    Everytime I get close to figuring that out, the UPS man backs in:biggrin:

9. Pianisimo

Pianisimo Guest

SOME of us don't have quite enough money to be sick puppies...

yet ; )

10. You know when the UPS man BACKS in that you have a supreme piece of glass appearing (or a large Pelican Case!)...

11. PeteZ28

PeteZ28

Oct 5, 2007
    Newtown, PA
    50 f/1.4 is a cheap fix to an expensive addiction! So far it's my gateway drug :biggrin:

12. TCandle

TCandle

May 10, 2008
    North Texas
    I blame Nute! :cool: 

13. Let's all blame Nute! :cool: 

(do you think the better half will buy that one?)

14. Nute's had several pm's from me with the title "I blame you", LOL! So yes, I'll join in the blame game. :biggrin:

15. That's the reason why a PC-E lens is high on my shopping list :biggrin:

16. Spectre

Spectre

Feb 20, 2008
    Oregon
    When UPS and FED EX guy both show up at the same time.... y'know there is a problem!:biggrin:

17. Completely agree.

Interesting to know the situation if the wife/ partner (to be politically correct these days!!!) is a photographer??:smile: May not have a cent left at home!!!:eek: 

18. still wondering what Chamsters avatar lens is. Never did get the answer........

19. adrianaitken

adrianaitken Guest

Looks like a fisheye 6mm maybe ?

20. a lot of us who are "sick puppies" don't have ENOUGH money, either :eek: .. :redface:.... :rolleyes: 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.