Everett - Blue Sky Osprey

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Retief, Jul 23, 2005.

1. I met Jim Thiel and Louis Chapman this morning at Juanita to shoot the Kingfisher in the morning, when it is close. Well, not only was the Kingfisher unaware that it was supposed to show up, but so was everything else, including sunshine. I was also meeting Jim to do some comparison testing of the D2X vs. my D2H, that part worked, as the crummy light was a "good thing". So, Jim and I headed up to the Osprey nest I shot in Everett a week ago. We waited, waited, listened to Momma squawking, saw a BUNCH of Osprey way off in the distance, and then finally along comes Daddy with this great, big, honking fish. I start shooting, and every shot STUNK! Well, you can tell it is a bird with a fish, but Jim can tell you I wasn't a happy camper, not at all. I'm hoping that Jim can post one of the incoming.

However, the Photo Gods smiled just a touch when Daddy left the nest....

Cruisin'....
    DSC2966.sized.

We were just praying that he would keep coming toward us, and then.....

BINGO!...
    DSC2968.sized.

This is about as Full-Frame as it gets. Cropped to 8x10, the vertical is the whole frame, a sliver of Blue Sky off the right side.

While I am interested in the D2X vs. D2H results, I really don't much care now, as this last shot really made my day...... :wink:

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Bill, nice captures. Amazing detail on the second one. Looks like you could have done without the TC on that one, but you never know.

3. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

Nice shots!!

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Beautiful Images Bill,

Great job.
    :>)))))))))

Where is that big honking FISH ???? lolol

5. bfjr