Everglades National Park.

I live a short car ride from the Northeastern part of the park. Access to the park from where I live is via Tamiami Trail or Highway 41 West. In this same highway we have the Big Cypress National Preserve and pretty close to it the Wildlife Gallery of Clyde Butcher, best known as "The Ansel Adams of the Everglades." Another tourist attraction near by is the Loop Road, a 20 mile road that traverses the Big Cyprees Preserve, a known attraction during the winter months to watch birds and alligators among other creatures.

I go to the Everglades often but I seldom stop to check on the attractions accessible via this same highway. Cooper Town, not a town, is a very popular winter spot. Only 8 persons live here, there is a nice restaurant to try fresh alligator tail steak and frog legs. They have air boat tours and a wildlife show. A short distance from there there is another popular spot in winter and it is the air boat rides of Buffalo Tiger. This gentleman was for many years the Administrator of the Micosukee Indian Tribe. He passed away a few years ago and it is now his son who has taken over the business.

To make these images I used my Nikon D7000 with the 18-70 f3.5-4.5 AF-S kit lens. For the last image I used my Olympus OM-10 Mk II with the 12-40 f2.8 Zuiko Pro lens. A tripod was used for the images made with the D7000.
Editing of the Nikon RAW data was done using Capture NX-D. Editing of the Olympus data with Olympus Workspace.

The first image is from the restaurant in Cooper Town. The second from the same place.
The third from the Buffalo Tiger air boat business, now under the administration of his son. This is part of a fence there. I do not know why painted like that could be a Micosukee trade mark.
The last one is from a sunset over the Everglades.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Walter Rowe
I have a photographer acquaintance who lives in Miami. She and her boyfriend go to the Everglades regularly. Clyde Butcher is famous for his black and white images of the Everglades.

Beautiful images you posted. Thanks for sharing!

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
I visit those haunts every year when visiting my parents. Especially the loop road. Nice images!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thank you gentlemen for the kind words. Randy I do not forget when you visited Miami and a small group of members of this forum went to the Zoo and we shared and had a great day.
If you decide to come down during the winter months let me know and we will get together.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Had a note to feature image three in my mailbox, nicely done, when I am here next, plan to hunt this down.

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
These are splendid, William! I love them all, especially the fence, but the first image really has my attention due to the amount of detail in the image. It's almost as though I can reach through my computer screen to open the door of the restaurant. Also that sunset - wow!!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom