1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Every day, Kaitlyn shows her hermit crab the world

Discussion in 'People' started by the_traveler, Jul 24, 2008.

1. the_traveler

the_traveler

Mar 22, 2007
    en route
    Every day, Kaitlyn shows her hermit crab the world and gives him some air so he won't get bored.

showinghannibaltheworld.
    NIKON D200    ---    24mm    f/2.8    1/200s    ISO 200

2. Lew.....
    i like this one
    with the SCREEN EFFECT
    very nicely done
    the look of wonder in your son's eyes... precious

3. A simple and gorgeous image.
    Excellent composition and wonderful expressions on both faces. I also find that the screen door/window adds to what is going on.

4. ubetcha

ubetcha

Nov 12, 2006
    San Diego, Ca
    Love it, Lew.. especially the expression on the little boy's face... very Norman Rockwell-esque

Edit; ... just noticed the impressions on the screen material of Hermit's previous world tours LOL

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2008
  5. drdrew

drdrew

Dec 28, 2007
    missouri
    just wow. this is absolute perfection!

6. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Ohhhh Lew I love this one. I love how this image is not posed. I love how Kaitlyn is showing off her hermit crab and the little boy is just looking in awe. You can't pose an image like this...it's just soooooooooo real. The little fingers on the Coleman, the window screen, the curtains in the background...just wonderful. This is a Norman Rockwell-Saturday-Evening-Post-type-of-shot!

Great job!

7. Dr A

Dr A

Feb 2, 2008
    State College, PA
    Yep, this is a good one. Like the screen effect a lot - did you do that in Photoshop?

8. JessP7

JessP7

May 3, 2005
    North MS, USA
    I agree with everyone else. The little boy's expression makes the shot.

9. the_traveler

the_traveler

Mar 22, 2007
    en route
    Thanks for all comments.
    I loved this myself.
    No. That screen effect is, well, screen.
    For confirmation, see the blobs of hermit crab goo from prior excursions.

This is virtually straight OOC except for minor sharpening after resizing.

10. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    :eek: I promise I didn't read her post...she said what I said. Amazing. GMTA.

11. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    VERY cool idea! So simple, yet so effective. Love it love it love it :biggrin:

12. ubetcha

ubetcha

Nov 12, 2006
    San Diego, Ca

Seneca, GMTA for sure and I really do believe that you hadn't read my post first... I'm sure lots of folks see the Norman Rockwell connection in this photo. BTW, and just for the record.... the SHE you referred to in this post is really a HE, that is to say, I'm a He and she's a SHE..... but SHE's not the ME that's me ....confused yet? I am. Guess I need a new Avatar... one of me instead of she. There's a Dr Seuss rhyme in here somewhere!! LOL:wink: Mike

13. the_traveler

the_traveler

Mar 22, 2007
    en route
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017

14. I had a girlfriend (in Texas--threw that in for Sen) named Michael!!! :redface:

That is an awesome shot--very cool. Posed or candid? Regardless, it is way cool!

15. Love the little boy observing the whole thing. So cute.

16. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    A girl name Michael...wow never heard of such a thing. Although there is a Daryl Hanna.

Hey you know what they say about Texas women...right?:confused: 

17. the_traveler

the_traveler

Mar 22, 2007
    en route
    Absolutely candid.

I was standing on the side of the house when they appeared at the window.

It makes me feel a little strange that this picture, that gets the most attention of any I've ever posted here, was completely unplanned 1 second before I took it.

18. Maybe---:biggrin: but what can you tell me???:tongue:

19. Ain't life strange!!!

20. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Those are the best kind Lew...the unplanned one. I would love to see this image turned into a Lucia Art...what a fantastic image this would be. I'll do it for you for a mear $800.00 on canvas. :biggrin: WHat a bargain...you do get a 16x20 tho
    :biggrin:

I've come back to this image at least 5 times. Makes me smile.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.