Every homeowner's nighmare

I hope you mean this Tuesday, and not NEXT Tuesday. Did she or the agent offer to cut you a check for living expenses? They should have done so ON THE SPOT. Agents have checkbooks that they can write checks out of for just this sort of thing. My SF homeowners policy includes living expenses in the event of a catastrophe, which I would suggest you have had. They should be paying for you to stay in a hotel while the rehabilitation process goes on should you so desire. You are a GREAT deal more patient than I am.

State Farm frowns on people switching agents, but if you decide to stay with them, I would strongly recommend switching. In addition, I would file a grievance against your adjuster. The delays by both of them in addressing this matter has been deplorable. Seriously, you need to start making some noise. It's only by the good grace of your neighbors that you aren't living "in a van by the river" as it were.

Good luck and keep us in the loop.

A good friend watched his house burn to the ground 8 years ago. The next morning, his SF agent appeared with a check for the house and $5000 to keep them going, and an adjuster was out early the next AM with a legal pad. He went through the debris, and wrote down a pad full of what he could find. They spent nearly a year putting together the unscheduled personal property they lost after 40 years of marriage, but they were paid. They also had a rider that put them up in a fully furnished house for 6 months, and I believe that was extended for a short time.

Youngsville (The edge of nowhere), North Carolina
doobes,

It's okay. They offered to put me up in a hotel, but I'd rather stay here with my cats, my business and belongings than go to a hotel. I have AC in the guest apartment/office so it's not like I'm sleeping amidst the burned out shell of my home or anything.

The adjuster was generous so I'm happy. I just want my air conditioner on... it's going to be 98 tomorrow and I'm on the schedule for Friday.

I'll let everyone know how it goes.

Woody, like so many others here, I'm happy both you and your cats are OK. I'm also glad your fire and police department did such a fine job. We all need dedicated firefighters and policemen in these tough times.

Hopefully, this event will be a thing of the past soon and you can still spend many many years in that small and wonderfull town.

Wow! You're one lucky fella!

Glad it's all working out for you though!

And hey, what a great neighbourhood you live in. Tell me where it is, I'll move in and then the place will really go to the dogs!

:biggrin:

Woody,
hadn't heard anything from you lately, and was curious about how things were going. I hope all is well, and everything is starting to fall back into place for you after your little disaster.

I'm okay and making progress, but of course no matter what there's something else to set me back. Latest issue is that my business computer has died and I'm convinced it's from linger malaise caused by the lightning strike. Good news, I'm backed up and have another computer to put in its place. Bad news is probably be fighting with the insurance company to get it repaired.

Life goes on.

Wow, I just saw this. Glad it didn't turn out worse. I know it's a major pain, and there is some expense involved, but at least no one got hurt. Like you say, life goes on.

Just roll with the punches!

Hello Woody,

I'm sorry about your place but glad to hear you and your cats are okay. I'm not sure you remember me, but I used to be a model at onemodelplace.com as LindaZ ? I wish I didn't ran into you under these circumstances, but it is still good to see you.

Linda

C

cajunrose

Wow! I'm just reading this. I'm glad that there was little serious damage and that you, the cats, and the photo equipment are all ok!

I'm sorry about your place but glad to hear you and your cats are okay. I'm not sure you remember me, but I used to be a model at onemodelplace.com as LindaZ

Remember you? How could I forget the sweetest young lady I knew over there when it was THE hot place to be. What a wonderful surprise it is to know you're still around.

I love your new work and I'd swear I can remember some of those landscapes you took with your Canon 300D...

Good to see you've graduated to the D80 and I LOVE the B&W's and the shots of your vacation in Sweden.

Hey, PM me if I can help you with anything.

And to everyone else here - treat her nice, this one has class.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet as ever with the words, but who knew I could still blush. haha..I'm glad to hear you remember me.

yeah, the B&W is growing to be my favorite media and especially of my children (surpise surprise)

Thanks for the offer, I will most likely need some help .. some seem to grasp the photography so easily, but most, like me, need lots of practise. At last I finally got a Scott Kelby book for the CS. Awesome book.

See you around !

Hi Woody.

Glad to hear that you and your cats are okay. I believe things will turn out good after a while.

Although I don't know you personally and most probable never will, it's always good to hear a good ending of a bad story.

Far away, here in Germany, we mostly hear bad news about the US: drugs, scandals, high school shootings and stuff like that.

Your story, the help you experienced from professionals (like police and fire department) and from your neighbors proves that there is another, a better America than that one broadcasted by CNN.

Stories like these tell more about a country and its people than any political discussion and "world news", I think.

All the best from Germany

Mattes

Far away, here in Germany, we mostly hear bad news about the US: drugs, scandals, high school shootings and stuff like that.

Your story, the help you experienced from professionals (like police and fire department) and from your neighbors proves that there is another, a better America than that one broadcasted by CNN.

Hi Mattes,

Thank you for your concern. It's heartwarming to see 8 pages of complete strangers from all over the world wishing me well.

Politically speaking this is not America's finest hour, but we are, by and large, good people with compassionate hearts.

I just retired after 20 years working in the newsrooms of two of America's most prestigious news organizations and I can assure that the news that gets published is done so for two reasons; to advance a social agenda, and/or to sell the product.

N

Nuteshack

sorry to hear about this, Woody ...awesome how the Lord kept u though...God bless!
:smile:

Latest threads

Top Bottom