Everyone Is A Photographer: Specialize Or Perish

I agree. I don't want to shoot weddings, portraits, people, or their kids. I like shooting landscapes and nature. So that's what I do :)

Carole

+1

Very good advice. No let us hear from all the people that want to tear this one down. Adapt or die is the name of the game.

Has anyone ever said this was bad advice? I know you are referring to all the discussions about the problems a pro photographer faces but no one has ever shot down this advice. :confused:

That would be funny.
I can just see it now ... West, I need you to go out and shoot the political rally today and then the opening of that new Hotel.
Sorry boss, I only shoot rocks and fountains now.
:biggrin:

Has anyone ever said this was bad advice? I know you are referring to all the discussions about the problems a pro photographer faces but no one has ever shot down this advice. :confused:

The trigger doesn't have to be pulled when you are standing on the wrong end of the barrel to know the shot is coming.:biggrin:

Sometimes people have a hard time grasping simple concepts, nothing more. But it is good to see people offering good advice to help them along.

Agreed John. I don't mind advice from people who know what they're talking about.

Just like clockwork!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I aim to please. :wink:

Nevertheless, what I said still stands. It's easy to blurt out advices to people when you have no real knowledge of how it works down on their end.

I'm sure that I could hand out great medical advice from what I can gather on the internet… :rolleyes:

A very simple last question (because this is getting very old and tedious): would you happen to be a photographer or not?

I'm sure that you understood that I meant a professional photographer. I guess I have my answer now. Cheers. :wink:

The trigger doesn't have to be pulled when you are standing on the wrong end of the barrel to know the shot is coming.:biggrin:

Sometimes people have a hard time grasping simple concepts, nothing more. But it is good to see people offering good advice to help them along.

They sure do.

I wonder how many people in these forums actually are professional photographers who earn their living solely and completely from photography and don't have private incomes or second jobs or wives who earn most of the family income etc etc? I'd love to know what the figures are.

I wonder how many people in these forums actually are professional photographers who earn their living solely and completely from photography and don't have private incomes or second jobs or wives who earn most of the family income etc etc? I'd love to know what the figures are.

I'm guessing that the number of full-time professional photographers on this forum is in the minority.

I shoot solely for fun. But, I put photos up for sale on my website as well as a few microstock agencies. I'm pleased that the photos generate enough sales to pay for my equipment and a photography trip or two each year. If I wanted to make a living out of it, I would have to develop a business plan that would entail taking much of the fun out of the process for me. So, I choose to remain an amateur! :smile:

Glenn

Latest threads

Top Bottom