Evo X

This is a shot from a car show for the new Fast Five movie. Light editing in lightroom. I would LOVE some C/C. Thanks!
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I don't know, there is something about the angle that makes it look really lumpy. Almost makes the girl on the right look skinny.

I also think the angle makes it look weird. Also it seems underexposed on my computer. Do you have any other shots?

it may be because the shape of the spoiler on the back. ill dig up the unedited one tonight. I might have just been playing with it too much

Real Name
Mark
I agree with the above statements. I absolutely HATE blacked out tail lights. Damn near impossible to see the brake lights come on during the day. The only thing dumber is blacked out headlights. [/endrant]

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Here is the unedited straight out of the camera and converted to jpg in lightroom. I would love to hear anything I could have done differently. Still learning!

For starters, you are way overboard on sharpening, really bad artifacts along the edges in the processed shot, whereas the original is nice and clean. I am looking at them at full resolution.

Bokeh, bokeh, bokeh! What f-stop was this shot at? How close to the car were you? Move back, zoom in. I've found cars typically look far better when shot from a distance with a long lens. If you shoot around f/2.8 or so you will also get some nice blurring of the background. Too much distracting stuff is in focus in the background.

After your add your sharpening mask in lightroom, add some luminance on the noise reduction to take out the grain from the sharpen filter.

I wouldn't go higher than 90ish on the sharpen ever. and no more than 40-45 on the luminance.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom