Evolution of Photography.......

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Take a look to the movie "Blow up" . David Hemmings acts as photographer in the late 60's.
He had some camera assistants who only changed the film rolls...

Thank you for inspiring
Klaus

"6 are awesome" is incorrect on the 35mm and card. It should be "2 are awesome" for 35mm, and '1 is good enough for posting on FaceSpace and MyBook" for the memory card.

Ah, the good old days!! I used a rented 617 camera for a while in the 90s. As I recall that yielded 3 images from 120.
At least it's not 2 exposures! But it did make you think.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

In the 10 years that I owned a 120 sized camera, I owned just 1 model.
In the 26 years was with 35mm SLRs, I owned 3 models.
In the 20 years of Digital I am on my 7 and 8th model.

Progress, indeed?

Ansel Adams once said that a dozen good frames per year was a reasonable goal for a good photographer.
There are times I think Ansel Adams was an optimist.
So much has changed since his film days. Sometimes it is really too easy. I can go from a shoot to multiple large prints in an afternoon- it would have taken even Ansel Adams several weeks in the darkroom to achieve the same output.
Now a good image- those are still rare.
gary

NCV

Real Name
Nigel
Well, I have to dissent somewhat from this "truth" in the OP.

When I shot dance on Tmax 400 pushed to I used 10 -20 rolls of film to get enough usable shots for the company on average. This was a normal sort of amount for this task and my colleagues shot the same amount of film. Film was a cheap compared to failure though shouting too little.

With digital when I shoot architecture I might shoot 20 frames due to the time spent setting up a tilt shift lens on a tripod.

But yes, the machine gun spray and pray I see with genres such as sport and photojournalism make me wince. A guy on DPR shot 18000 frames in and afternoon and made a thread to complain about his camera giving up the ghost.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom