Excellent review of D2X on DPR

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by JAM, Jun 1, 2005.

1. JAM

JAM

Apr 30, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Here's the bottom line:

"It's fair to say that with the D2X Nikon are well and truly 'back', a killer combination of the superb D2 body, a high resolution CMOS sensor and the added bonus of high speed shooting when you need it. What can I say? The ratio of Pros to Cons really sums up my whole feeling for the D2X, it's exactly what we expect Nikon to produce, a solid robust high performance digital SLR with superb image quality, build quality and a confidence inspiring sense of presence. You know, I may well buy one myself!"

....... Phil Askey

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikond2x/

2. nfoto

nfoto Guest

If I recall correctly, that was exactly what I published in my review 25 February, 2005, and nearly got strangled by angry people (in particular those fond of white lenses).

3. JAM

JAM

Apr 30, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Ahh Bjørn, now you know what Gallileo must have gone through when he was the first to declare a truth :D :D

4. Bjørn, if it is any consolation, I bought my D2X to a great degree because of your most excellent review. Between that and a few fantastic samples Ron posted, I was doomed to own one.

Also, much appreciation for all of the other great reading on your web site.

Ed

5. JB

JB

May 27, 2005
    Washington, DC
    impressed, again

Phil has posted a pretty impressive review, as was yours Bjørn.

6. nfoto

nfoto Guest

Thanks guys, but I'm in no need of consolation, just having some belated fun. It took Phil Askey quite some time to come up with essentially the identical results :) On the other hand, he probably will receive less threats than I did.

7. Bjørn,

I also read your review of the D2x when you posted it on your website. Same as buying the 80-200mm F/2.8D IF-ED AF-S version when i read your words about that lens. I just missed out on the 17-35mm F/2.8 lens that i could bought second handed.

My first D2X was having problems with crashing menu's and when displaying a photo i just shot. Also it did not turn off i had to remove the battery. And i lost shots and messed up raw+jpg files. for example 1.nef normally gets the same with 1.jpg but for some reason it could be that 1.jpg became 4.jpg so 1.nef + 4.jpg. (i hope you can understand my explanation) I called my camera store and got it replaced right away. And now i hear more and more people about the same problems. I used different batteries and compact flash cards and all resulted in the same hang ups and frozen menu's or frozen af area's.

Until now my new camera works great. I hope for nikon that is is just bad batch that have to be repaired and will be solved quickly.

At least i can now begin to learn to find the right settings for my needs. And learn a bit more about everything that this camerea can give me. Thanks for your great review many weeks ago and i am looking forward to your future lens or camera reviews.

Greetings,
    VinceBeus

8. bpetterson

bpetterson Guest

Bjorn;

I know that it was you who really interjected a lot of new thinking
    in your review of the D2X.
    And I am sure that anybody who has made a review of the D2X has been cognizant of.

Again I thank you for making the effect in your review.

Birger

9. Bjorn,

I'm not trying to patronize you either, but your review was the clincher for me. I didn't read anything further and bought it. I have no regrets. Thanks.

Rich

10. Maaaaan... That dpreview is filled with people that don't have a clue. I can't believe it.

I fought with so many people over there, just by trying to explain some comon sense things. I'm just glad phil threw me outta there and I'm never going back.

Unbelievable! Those people don't have their own minds and thoughts. It took Phil's review to push them to buy the camera ?! I mean, how low can you be? Insecure to that point? People switching camps for what? Stupid stories about agencies not accepting nikon files? Oh... the list is so long to list... We all know, heh?

And those Canon people over there counting each and every pixel... :x

Anyways, I'm sooo happy to be here.

Nfoto, your test was briliant, just by the way.

11. grafphoto

grafphoto Guest

Bjorn, because you haven't reached Canon deity status that Phil has. :) Only when he has spoken, shall the DPR followers be silenced.