Excire. A new AI driven Dam

The only thing I missed moving away from lightroom about 2 years ago was the digital asset managment (dam). The ability to search my entire database was very useful. It would have even been better if I was more diligent in keywording. I use a date based system, so I can find just about anything pretty quickly- but the search engine was easier.
I just discovered a standalone Dam- Excire Foto. It also has a version that works within the lightroom catalog structure, although I have not tried that version.
It uses artificial intelligence to automatically keyword, catalog and sort the images.
I have played with this for a couple of days, and it does a pretty good job. I have about 10,000 images loaded. Automatic keyword searches work pretty well- not perfect but pretty neat.
It can find people, find only smiling people, etc. If you find one picture- it can search and find the same person in any image in your database- all automatically.
If you are lazy at keywording like me- or if you are not using a dam at all- this looks like a worthwhile program.
I am on a 30day trial. Program presently costs $39.
Thought this might be helpful for someone else as well.
gary

Thanks for posting this, Gary. I may give it a try. I've also been remiss with keywording and am currently about half way through cataloging my files. The facial recognition alone sounds like it is worth the price.

As someone that presently has essentially no keywords- this is a whole lot better than nothing. I still will probably not use keywording- it is not part of my present workflow.
Yes I can find old images, but does take me 10minutes.
What I find most interesting is its ability to find specific people- I have used that a couple of times already.
It is also fun to open an image, and ask it to find similar images. I often work in small projects and this may be very useful. It has found some older images I had forgotten about.
I don't have any real skin in this game yet, yeck I have not yet even purchased it. But it has been fun to play with.
gary

Growltiger

Administrator
Administrator
It seems clever but not clever enough. For example if it sees a picture of a church does it label it as "church" or does it work out which church it is and say "Italy - Montepulciano - San Biagio" (an example from one of my photos from long ago).

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom