Excitement during Chicago Get Together

Discussion in 'Special Sessions, Events, and Tour Announcements' started by Rich Gibson, Jun 6, 2007.

1. As some might recall we had a mini-Get Together last weekend in Chicago. I flew in on Friday evening 1 June and went to Frank Angileri's (Eng45ine) fire house to say hello. While Frank was giving me a cook's tour (ending with Strawberry Smoothies, by the way:biggrin:) they had two alarms. Frank asked for and got permission to invite along! What a great experience blasting through the night near Chicago with the siren blaring....every kid's dream. Here are some unprocessed shots during the two evolutions. Sorry for the OOF cabin shot..very bumpy stiff ride.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Frank, what treat. You are the greatest host! Thanks.

Rich

2. Great shots of Frank and his baby. Loved them Rich.

3. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    I'm jealous! I want to ride in the shiny new Fire Truck!!!

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I ama with Leigh. I would love to go on a fire call on that purdy new Fire Engine
    Frank looks happy as a kid:>))
    Thanks for those shots Rich

5. Super, Rich. What a fun!

Frank, would it be a problem to bring a truck down to Huntsville next year? You know, for the kids to ride in?

6. Oh, COOL! I want a ride!!!!

Neat photos of Frank at work! :smile:

7. Great stuff Rich, looking great Frank!

8. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Hey....cool shots Rich and you are more than welcome for the rides around town. It was truly my pleasure to host you, Phil, MarieBoyer and our local members, I enjoyed the opportunity to shoot and chat with everyone who attended.

9. Thanks for sharing this, Rich. I'm glad you got to have some fun and ride in the truck!

10. Very nice set. I had the honor of touching this beautiful engine a few days ago and it's really beautiful.

11. Firelarz

Firelarz

Feb 26, 2006
    Chandler, AZ
    Nice work Rich!
    Frank nice Pierce, I think that is the same one we had. I loved that engine especially with the center pump panel so you could see what is going on! Nice ride!!!!

12. :eek: I want one, too ! ! ! !