Excuse Me!

C

Casket28

Whats up with all the d700 threads? ITS A FLIPPING CAMERA! LOL!

Common, i know yall have more of a life than that. sitting there drooling at your computers biting at the bit to click the BUY button. Shesh, ive never seen a group of people so nuts over a CAMERA!

Common, get a grip yall.

Jesse "sticking with the d200" Stickley

Dude this is a Nikon camera forum. Nikon just released a new FX camera. That's a big deal in the photo community.

C

Casket28

Dude, NO WAY! I thought this was the corvette forum!

Yea, nikon released a new fx camera.. WOW.. the reason i posted this was due to the 100 or so other threads talking about this camera.. shesh.. like i said, its just a camera, calm down, everything will be ok.

I'm plenty calm. I counted 5 exclamation points in your two posts. Pot...meet the kettle. I shoot a D200 too BTW.

T

TonyBeach

Seems like a great new Speedlight and the promised completion of Nikon's tilt/shift lenses were completely forgotten in all the D700 hoopla. This is a huge day for Nikon, but in a year from now the D700 will likely be seen as 1/3 of what happened today.

C

Casket28

I will say the new flash seems promising.. however, if its not broke, dont fix it, right? LOL

I'm looking forward to buying 2 more SB800's for a good bit less on the used market. Hopefully the list price for them will drop.

G

Gary Mayo

Frankly, I am surprised the threads are not more than they are. I am also surprised the D700 does not have it's own thread already. Look for that real soon.

Casket,

I'm not a moderator, but this forum is a welcome place for many individuals specifically because it is free from the dripping sarcasm and contentious posts the have plagued other sites (DPR). In addition, the use of offensive language (taking the Lord's name in vain--it DOES offend me, but I may be the minority) is scarcely observed here (please consider renaming your thread to something more to your point--your post has nothing to do with Jesus so please don't use His name as a cuss-word to get views).

Anyway, please feel free to enjoy NikonCafe--but please work to maintain the 'nice' and 'family friendly' environment that this forum was founded on.

Respectfully,

Sean

Seems like a great new Speedlight and the promised completion of Nikon's tilt/shift lenses were completely forgotten in all the D700 hoopla. This is a huge day for Nikon, but in a year from now the D700 will likely be seen as 1/3 of what happened today.
True. I think I'll hold on to my antiquated D300 for now.

But the good news is that the latest-and-greatest chasers will be selling off their SB-800s. That's music to my cash-strapped ears.:biggrin:

I wonder if the light from the new flashes will make the user's shots suddenly become focused????:biggrin:

I will be buying a D700. I need to do FF. Unless D3 prices drop to a level where I can justify it I'll be going with a D700. I simply need the low light capabilities for my portrait shots. I'm having a solid year business-wise and if October-November (Christmas photo season) stays as busy as it is now I'll have one soon after the new year if available. Though I lust for all kinds of gear I'm pretty reserved at buying equipment. I thought about a D300 but it wasn't enough of improvement over my D200 to justify buying spending nearly $2k less that a year after I bought the D200. This camera is enough of a jump in technology for me that I can really get my money out of it. It will pay for itself. I'm trying to look at this from a business standpoint, not a personal one.

T

TonyBeach

I wonder if the light from the new flashes will make the user's shots suddenly become focused????:biggrin:
Actually, yes:

# Multi-step auto zoom covers wide 17-200mm zoom range (24-105mm:SB-800)

# Three illumination patterns (standard, center-weighted and even) are available to match each shooting environment

# Automatically detects Nikon FX and Nikon DX formats and selects suitable light distribution

C

Casket28

Casket,

I'm not a moderator, but this forum is a welcome place for many individuals specifically because it is free from the dripping sarcasm and contentious posts the have plagued other sites (DPR). In addition, the use of offensive language (taking the Lord's name in vain--it DOES offend me, but I may be the minority) is scarcely observed here (please consider renaming your thread to something more to your point--your post has nothing to do with Jesus so please don't use His name as a cuss-word to get views).

Anyway, please feel free to enjoy NikonCafe--but please work to maintain the 'nice' and 'family friendly' environment that this forum was founded on.

Respectfully,

Sean
Sir, I was doing what you asked, and keeping the FRIENDLY atmosphere of this site. Sorry, you couldnt see that. Sorry that you feel that i was using somones name in vain, as it may be to you, it was better than some of the other choice words i could have used.

Seems as you're the only one with an issue and im sure itll get removed because of that, but for the rest of us, its a seemingly enjoyable thread, at least to my eyes ;)

C

Casket28

I will be buying a D700. I need to do FF. Unless D3 prices drop to a level where I can justify it I'll be going with a D700. I simply need the low light capabilities for my portrait shots. I'm having a solid year business-wise and if October-November (Christmas photo season) stays as busy as it is now I'll have one soon after the new year if available. Though I lust for all kinds of gear I'm pretty reserved at buying equipment. I thought about a D300 but it wasn't enough of improvement over my D200 to justify buying spending nearly $2k less that a year after I bought the D200. This camera is enough of a jump in technology for me that I can really get my money out of it. It will pay for itself. I'm trying to look at this from a business standpoint, not a personal one.
And that is the best reason that i have heard to upgrade. You are doing this because its what provides food and a roof for your family.

Id like to see some of your portrait work, as id like to venture into that type of setting.. not sure if ill like it, but ill try almost anything once ;)

Actually, yes:

# Multi-step auto zoom covers wide 17-200mm zoom range (24-105mm:SB-800)

# Three illumination patterns (standard, center-weighted and even) are available to match each shooting environment

# Automatically detects Nikon FX and Nikon DX formats and selects suitable light distribution

None of this means anything to me. I'll just keep my 800s and I'll still be able to get the same shots that I've been getting. Unless I shoot a photographer's (or otherwise hair-splitter's) wedding, I figure my old gear will have it covered.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom