Expected shutter life of D7000 and Z6

CameraShutterCount.com says the D7000 shutter is generally expected to have a life of 150K clicks. That surprised me, as I had it in the back of my head that most people expected it to be more like 100K.

When I run a file created by the Z6 through the website, it doesn't declare an expected shutter life. I realize the camera has an electronic shutter but I was still surprised that no estimate was given.

Your thoughts on the shutter life of the D7000 and the Z6?

CameraShutterCount.com says the D7000 shutter is generally expected to have a life of 150K clicks. That surprised me, as I had it in the back of my head that most people expected it to be more like 100K.

When I run a file created by the Z6 through the website, it doesn't declare an expected shutter life. I realize the camera has an electronic shutter but I was still surprised that no estimate was given.

Your thoughts on the shutter life of the D7000 and the Z6?
If it is a true electronic shutter, there is nothing moving to wear out.

That is why when I shoot sports with my Olympus, I switch to the e-shutter, to reduce the wear on the mechanical shutter. 500-900 frames per game, can really make the shutter count go up FAST.

Some e-shutter cameras have both a mechanical and e-shutter. Like the Olympus which has the option to run either mechanical or electronic.

I do not know the details of the Nikon Z6 shutter.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom