1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Experience with Mack warranty repair?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tenorman, Aug 14, 2009.

1. tenorman

tenorman

Mar 5, 2009
    Maryland
    To anyone who has/had a Mack Camera warranty and sent their camera or other equipment to them for repair-

I damaged my camera but have the Mack Diamond warranty and submitted it for repair work in May. It is mid-August and the only feedback I've received is to the effect of "still working on it" although I'd been given word that it would be completed by end of July.

A very bad experience so far. Is this typical or atypical of Mack? I had actually originally posted the thread here

https://www.nikoncafe.com/vforums/showthread.php?t=239697

with the timeline.

Would very much like to hear about your experience.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  2. FisherPete

FisherPete

Nov 13, 2007
    Oregon
    I succumbed to a Mack 5 year extended warrantee on my D50. At about 3 years, the flash ceased working. The shop where I bought the camera said to bring it in, with proof of purchase and the Mack receipt. I did. I received the camera back after less than a month, fully repaired with a new flash installed at no charge. It is the only time I've bought a Mack warrantee, but it paid off for me.

3. Rob T

Rob T

Aug 27, 2008
    SoCal
    I have a Mack warranty on a home theater projector. The bulb burnt out prematurely and they covered it with no problems.

How this relates to their camera warranty is admittedly questionable, but I do think they are a reputable company overall.

4. Jeff Lee

Jeff Lee

May 16, 2006
    Oregon
    Mack did a $600 repair on an AFS lens I have. It took a little longer than I wanted, but it was a Gray Mkt lens and it took them a while to get the part. Not a bad return on my $50 dollar Mack war.

5. tenorman

tenorman

Mar 5, 2009
    Maryland
    Thank you for the replies, your positive feedback corroborates what the camera shop told me and the reason I purchased the Mack extended warranty. Unfortunately it feels like I'm getting service from a less-than-reputable business, it has been 11 weeks on what was presumably a straightforward repair involving replacement of a part, but I am getting no detailed feedback even though I've formally contacted them three times so far. It has been promised to be returned, repaired the past three weeks according to my shop but I'm still waiting.

Hopefully I'll get a repaired (and repaired correctly) camera back soon. I'm assuming, based on Mack's good reputation, that I'll get my camera back soon; just don't know how long it will take.

6. tenorman

tenorman

Mar 5, 2009
    Maryland
    Received the camera back on 8/20, and it looks like they did a good job on the repair...and threw in a camera-cleaning. I'm pleased with the repair, just unhappy that it took 12 weeks to repair. However I'm even less pleased about the way the repair was handled by my local photography store and will deal directly with Mack if I need to use their services again.

OK, enough ranting and beating a dead horse...the saga ended well and I have a repaired camera. But I *am* looking for a new local photography store. :cool: 

Now to more positive things such as taking photos and posting some for C&C.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.