Experimenting with

Oloneo and other bits of photoshop...

Would be interested in feedback and also others having a play

Best wishes

Ray

original

dsc0064t.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

oloneo +

dsc0064hdrcopy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the detail in the trees and sky but I wish the boats and other areas had retained more of their white areas.

Really appreciate the feedback

this was an initial try at recreating HDR from a single image....clearly needs a lot more work and a re-look etc.

However, it has been a great learning experience and the feedback and helpful comments a great insight.

My thanks to all and I guess I need to revisit this technique...tone it down a bit and come back

Best wishes

Ray

lesson learnt!!!!!

guess I blew it with this one....but the best way to learn

Really appreciate the feedback though.

Very helpful.

Best wishes

Ray

Complete rework

Took on board all the help and advice and came up with this.

Hope it works better.

Best wishes

Ray

dsc0064croppedandadjust.jpg

guess I blew it with this one....but the best way to learn

Really appreciate the feedback though.

Very helpful.

Best wishes

Ray

I wouldn't say you blew it at all. When people give there opinion, you need to kinda filter them. See which ones make sense to you. Because when it comes to HDR, theres everything. Real looking, a little jazzed up and over the top. I love them all. You need to decide what you want to convey. Sometimes with post processing techniques you might be able to convey a little of both.

Thanks Ed

some very comforting and kind words which I suppose helps one focus on the different views people have.....You make some good points and I must remember what you say and also try to be clear on what I am trying to achieve etc.

Ed...many thanks indeed.

Best wishes

Ray

Hi Ray, one of the things I liked about the oloneo +1 view was the hillside in the background. As to the rest I like the last image the best. I am not at all familiar with oloneo but if their is a way to increase the processing on the hillside and then leave the rest as in the last image that would be my preference. If that is not possible then I like the last version the best.

some very comforting and kind words which I suppose helps one focus on the different views people have.....You make some good points and I must remember what you say and also try to be clear on what I am trying to achieve etc.

Ed...many thanks indeed.

Best wishes

Ray

Your welcome

If this were my image, I would make about three duplicate layers, selecting the boats and pier, the trees, and the sky. Apply your technique to each one separately. Doing it separately gives you more control over each element and it reduces the halo edge around the sky and tree line. By not applying the technique to the water, it gives the water elements less distraction.

John, I don't think you can do layers in Oloneo, which is probably where he did most of the HDR-like work. I have it and believe it's all or nothing with the photo.

Jon and Steve

Many thanks for your posts....

As Steve said there is no opportunity to use layers in Oloneo....

However, it could be done by processing each part in Oloneo, then bringing back to Photoshop and use masking to adjust the image as required....that would be really time consuming though.

However, there is a way of doing it.

I guess I need to consider how best to use the program in the future and not to overdo the effect...so easy to do.

Really appreciate the feedback....much appreciated.

Best wishes as always

Ray

Latest threads

Top Bottom