Exploring Ireland

Discussion in 'Wanderlust and Travel' started by zenstate, Sep 7, 2008.

1. zenstate

zenstate

Jul 31, 2008
    Canada
    Hello all,

I've finally gotten around to sorting and processing my photos from a quick long weekend holiday to Ireland. The weather wasn't perfect, but the overcast rainy skies made the sea churn, and lent a certain atmosphere to the place that I particularly enjoyed!

Hope you like the photos. By the way, this is my first ever attempt at processing digital photos, so comments welcome.

2833078449_2b9af0a244_o.

View attachment 248450

View attachment 248451

View attachment 248452

View attachment 248453

View attachment 248454

Gear: D300, with 35-70mm f2.8

Cheers!

2. Nice stuff, Sam. Thanks for sharing pics from one of my favourite countries. Sadly when I get over there these days I see very little more than golf courses and pubs :wink:

3. rotxlk82

rotxlk82

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    Thanks for showing me these images, I've never actually been to Ireland however your pictures are proving to me just what a nice place it is.

4. MikeG76

MikeG76

Jun 11, 2008
    Middletown, NY
    Beautiful shots. We had the same problem with overcast skies when we went. However, we didn't hit the cliffs of Moher like you. :(  Wish we could have.

5. I was there last year with my family - a couple look like the Cliffs of Moher - that correct? That is one place I need to go back to, this time to the northern portion. Nice shots and thanks for reviving the memories!

6. zenstate

zenstate

Jul 31, 2008
    Canada
    Yes, those are the Cliffs of Moher. Pretty spectacular scenery out west. We didn't have time to see the northern parts of Ireland which I've heard is also quite beautiful.

Cheers!

7. great shots!

8. VDMTom

VDMTom

Jun 24, 2008
    CA, USA
    so relaxing !

9. Wonderful pictures Sam! I see the cliffs of Moher, and Killarney National Park?

Rich

10. zenstate

zenstate

Jul 31, 2008
    Canada
    Thanks guys. Yes those are the Cliffs of Moher, and Killarney Park. We were really amazed by the cliffs. It's a very awe inspiring sight!

Now that I have more practice with the camera, I wished I'd taken these photos as NEFs. I think I could have made them look much better with Capture NX.

There's just so much to learn with these fancy digital cameras.

Regards,
    -S

11. By all means, learn to use NEFs. I took a wonderful trip to Tuscany and shot JPG's. I sold many many of the shots and regret to this day I didn't take NEFs; they could have been even better.

Rich

12. Hi Sam,

#3-#5 i like very much.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.