ExpoDisc Alternatives

Discussion in 'Other Cool Gear, Camera Bags, Camera Straps' started by Stephen Hopkins, Apr 9, 2007.

1. Has anyone used any of the Exopdisc alternatives such as the ExpoCap or similar generic white balance lens cap? Another alternative I've seen is called ExpoAmigo and is a 120mm x 100mm sheet of what looks to be the same material as a normal Expodisc. Has anyone tried any of these?

The ExpoAmigo is $10 + SH on ebay... generic ExpoCaps go for as low as $5 on ebay... Anyone try any of these?

2. The new Markin's heads have a 18% built into the main friction knob, which I just learned about!

If you use 77mm lenses, the older style pringle lids (transluscent) work great in a pinch for custom WB.

3. Unfortunately Pringles around here have gone to transparent... I want to try one of the premade solutions but definitely don't have the $$ for a 77mm ExpoDisc... anyone tried any of the generic eBay solutions?