ExpoDisc - get one?

I aslo bought the 77mm, which worked well because i have a 17-55 now, and for smaller lenses i just hold it in front. I love mine for difficult mixed lighting. If you shoot alot of outdoor, I find it doesnt help that much. No guess work but, doesnt do much better. Indoor lighting, i love it.

Yahtzee, I personally find WB is just as easy to set with a crumpled white handkerchief..................and that's a whole lot less expensive than an Expodisc. (Doesn't scratch or break either!)

Yahtzee, I personally find WB is just as easy to set with a crumpled white handkerchief..................and that's a whole lot less expensive than an Expodisc. (Doesn't scratch or break either!)

Agreed. Total waste of money, i carry a folded up piece of white paper in my bag, ive shot 2 pics side by side one with a disc/card and one with paper gave it to my photog friend asked which was which he picked the paper one said the disk one was way off, he didnt belive me, did it another 3 times all 3 he picked the paper.... keep your money.

I would forever be cleaning my front lens element if I used a screwed up handkerchief out of my pocket :Sick:

Think I should stick with my Expodisc.

I used to shoot large format film photography. I had almost as many light meters as I did cameras. But about 80% of the time, taking a reading directly off a crumpled white handkerchief would give me the best exposure. At least give it a try..............unless you just want to be "seen" with an Expo-disc.

I think you're ribbing me here.

I meant to hold the handkerchief out in front of the lens and set the WB like one would with a card.

Sorry, I was being light-hearted :wink:

I rarely seem to find a clean hanky in my pocket, but I do take your point about using one held out for a WB reading.

Latest threads

Top Bottom