1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Expodisc in action... WB question

Discussion in 'Other Cool Gear, Camera Bags, Camera Straps' started by Donzo98, Apr 1, 2007.

1. Donzo98

Donzo98

Nov 10, 2005
    Merrick, NY
    I bought one of these this week from a fellow Cafe member. Here is my first test using it. These shots are tripod mounted, ISO 640, no flash, in my dining room. There are three incandescent bulbs overhead and a halogen fixture in the middle of the room distant to the overhead light. Comments??

Auto WB...

[​IMG]

Expodisc...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2007
  2. asaya

asaya

Aug 7, 2006
    Syracuse, NY
    Tony Saya
    WOW what a difference never would have thought there would be that much difference.

3. sonuj2

sonuj2

May 11, 2006
    Naperville, IL
    What a difference ..... which is closer to the true colors?

4. Donzo98

Donzo98

Nov 10, 2005
    Merrick, NY
    Good question actually. The auto WB seems closer to the right colors when I shot it. Maybe a little bit yellower.

The expodisc looks like it does in the daytime with just window light... this was shot a few hours ago when it was already dark out.

5. sonuj2

sonuj2

May 11, 2006
    Naperville, IL
    Did you aim at the light source when you PREselected the WB using the Expodisk? How did you set the WB using the Expodisk?

6. Donzo98

Donzo98

Nov 10, 2005
    Merrick, NY
    I actually aimed it directly at the scene. I will try aiming at the light too.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.