Expodisc in action... WB question

I bought one of these this week from a fellow Cafe member. Here is my first test using it. These shots are tripod mounted, ISO 640, no flash, in my dining room. There are three incandescent bulbs overhead and a halogen fixture in the middle of the room distant to the overhead light. Comments??

Auto WB...

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Expodisc...

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited by a moderator:
What a difference ..... which is closer to the true colors?
Good question actually. The auto WB seems closer to the right colors when I shot it. Maybe a little bit yellower.

The expodisc looks like it does in the daytime with just window light... this was shot a few hours ago when it was already dark out.

Good question actually. The auto WB seems closer to the right colors when I shot it. Maybe a little bit yellower.

The expodisc looks like it does in the daytime with just window light... this was shot a few hours ago when it was already dark out.
Did you aim at the light source when you PREselected the WB using the Expodisk? How did you set the WB using the Expodisk?

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom