Exposure comp all over the place without any adjustment on my part...

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by stayathomedad, Jul 30, 2008.

1. stayathomedad

stayathomedad

Mar 11, 2008
    Alaska
    What would case the exposure comp to be adjusted without any action on my part?

Yes, I can go in and dial it up and down if needed... but after reviewing my last wedding, I noticed that many shots had the exposure comp adjusted plus or minus a third of a stop or what not...

What is causing it to do this?

A lot of the shots were in manual mode...

2. I bump mine on occasion when scrolling the front dial. Not sure how... but I do!

3. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    Bracketing?

4. stayathomedad

stayathomedad

Mar 11, 2008
    Alaska

Matrix metering in manual mode will adjust the exposure comp by itself?????

I know I didn't bump the dial or had it on bracketing...

5. Oh, you mean the exp. comp values themselves are up and down - I thought you meant that the exposure was up and down based on the meter's readings when using exp. comp.

Sean

6. moffo

moffo

Oct 20, 2005
    Central TX
    Active D-lighting?

7. Sounds like a autobracketing issue to me...

Lawrence

8. if there is a pattern to the comp values in your image sequences then it might be bracketing. check your top deck, is there more than one tick mark on the exposure scale?

do you have 'easy exposure comp' on? i think there is a setting called something like that which allows you to set the comp without a button press.

9. It sounds like you may have your exp comp set to quick adjust. I did the same thing, everytime you mistakingly turn the command dial it changes the Exp comp. Just a thought.

Gene

10. Nothing is "causing" it to do this. Its user error of some type.

Gary

11. GKR1

GKR1

Apr 19, 2007
    San Diego
    Do a 2 finger reset.

12. kiwi

kiwi

Jan 1, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    adl or autoiso I reckon.

13. fivegrand

fivegrand Guest

A friend of mine somehow turned his bracketing on without knowing it...So, though you "know" you didn't activate bracketing, *check it* just the same.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.