Exquisite Tombs of Sultans

The erstwhile sultans of the dynasty which used to rule the place where I live, constructed tombs for members of the royal family. The tombs are a blend of Indian and Persian architectural forms. These monuments are a work of splendid beauty and artistry. The smaller tombs are single storied while the larger ones are double storied, apparently on the basis of the importance of the person in the ruling dynasty. In countries like Japan, while it is so difficult to get a place to bury the person currently, they really had a luxary of having such exqusite tombs for burial in those days

DSC_0034.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DSC_0029.jpg

DSC_0033.jpg

DSC_0031.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Wow, these are outstanding. I am very much into history and architecture, and seeing the images of these tombs is wonderful! Are these located in Hyderabad?

Wow, these are outstanding. I am very much into history and architecture, and seeing the images of these tombs is wonderful! Are these located in Hyderabad?

Thanks Lyndee for appreeciating the pictures. Yes, they are located in Hyderabad. The are called Qutubshahi Tombs belonging to the Qutubshahis who ruled the area.

very beautiful! Love the lighting, and the architecture! Only thing that bugs me, is the first photo seems a tad crooked to me. Maybe my eyes are bad otherwise.

Thanks for your appreciation of the pictures. I agree that there is a little distortion in the picture

Wow Roy! You are killing me with these pictures! Exactly what I´d expect to be able to capture the day I´ll visit your country! The beauty of the place is unique and you managed to capture it perfectly!

Wow Roy! You are killing me with these pictures! Exactly what I´d expect to be able to capture the day I´ll visit your country! The beauty of the place is unique and you managed to capture it perfectly!

Thanks Rui for liking the pictures. It is indeed a very historic place and uinique for photography. There are numerous such places in India, many of which ar yet to be visited by me.

Latest threads

Top Bottom