Extended Insurance?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by strobel, May 8, 2005.

1. strobel

strobel

Apr 30, 2005
    Algonquin, IL
    I purchase my D2X from OneCall.com and they offer a 3 year extended warranty for $349.95. The insurance is offered through"Westchester Specialty Insurance services" Do I go with this or purchase a Mack warranty. I want to make sure the person will take care of the problem if one should arise.

Does anyone know if Nikon offers an extended warranty?

Your opinions would be greatly appreciated. I have had a Fuji S2 for several years and have put over $1500 in repairs over the last year, so a warranty seems like a good Idea on a $5,000.00 camera.

Ron Strobel

2. To my knowledge Nikon does not offer an extended warranty. Personally I have not had any experience with Mack warranties but a lot of people seem to buy them. :) If presented with the option I too would probably opt for an extended warranty seeing a lot of people here make money or even their living with it.

3. I bought the mack 3 year professional warranty ext4nsion for $139 from www.Focuscamera.com . It des not cover accidental stuff but apart from that it looks like a a good deal

4. Andreas,

Did you purchase your extended warranty at the same time you purchased your camera? If not how long after you purchased your camera did you buy the warranty?

Thanks

5. Andreas,

Did you purchase your extended warranty at the same time you purchased your camera? If not how long after you purchased your camera did you buy the warranty?

Thanks