Extension Tubes..??..

After reading several of Nick's mentions of the Meike Extension Tubes for Z bodies, I figured I'd give'm a whirl.

I have to say, the results for some really simple tests at my desk were impressive.

This is with a Z50, 50s, & an 18mm Extension Tube. Z50 was on a PlatyPod and I held my iPhone light up for illumination.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Mine are also the Meike version, thanks to Nick's recommendations in various threads.

I like that they are Z mount. If there are other Z mount tubes, I am not yet aware of them.

I did put one of these between my Z6 & FTZ and then mounted my F mount 105 macro lens. I haven't really played with it enough to have an opinion, but I will.

I believe Jim T (Pa) was the first to bering them to my attention.
I think it was the other way around.

I did publish tables of focus ranges for the 24-70/4 and 50/1.8S with the tubes somewhere on this forum.

Those are excellent results, Phil.

By the way, my PlatyPod arrived today and I've been playing with it a bit this afternoon.

I think it was the other way around.

I did publish tables of focus ranges for the 24-70/4 and 50/1.8S with the tubes somewhere on this forum.

Those are excellent results, Phil.

By the way, my PlatyPod arrived today and I've been playing with it a bit this afternoon.
Thanks Jim.

What are your initial thoughts on the PlatyPod?

Simple, but pretty nice in my opinion.

What are your initial thoughts on the PlatyPod?
I look forward to trying it in the field. Well, woods, actually. I think it will work very well for getting ground-level photos of mushrooms, etc.

I used it on a table indoors a little bit today. I was a little disappointed that the long screws are a bit wobbly unless they are run in all the way.

I was a little disappointed that the long screws are a bit wobbly unless they are run in all the way.
I guess this could be fixed with a pair of nuts on the screws. You could tighten a nut on either side of the plate to hold the long screws steady. Think I'll look for some.

I look forward to trying it in the field. Well, woods, actually. I think it will work very well for getting ground-level photos of mushrooms, etc.

I used it on a table indoors a little bit today. I was a little disappointed that the long screws are a bit wobbly unless they are run in all the way.
Hey Jim,

The round knurled knobs just above the rubber feet are jam nuts that prevent wobble.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom