1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

External Battery For P-2000

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dburanich, May 17, 2005.

1. Just got back from a trip to Florida where my P-2000 proved to be a great investment with all the relatives wanting to view the photos I had taken. The only drawback was we had to keep recharging it because of all the use it was getting. I found an external battery pack that was designed for a Sony portable Playstation (PSP) called the Power Brick made by Pelican. The voltage and amperage are amazingly close to the P-2000. In fact I use the P-2000 charger to charge the Power Brick. P-2000 battery is 3.7V 2300 mah and the Brick is 3.6V 3600 mah. Both take 5V to charge them. It measures 3x3x a half inch thick. Pretty small and easily fits into my camera bag. It takes about 4 hours to charge the Brick but fully charged it will recharge my P-2000 2 times if the P-2000 is completely drained. The P-2000 can also run while attached to the Power Brick. I haven't tested it yet but it should last several hours if the unit is being used while charging. Priced under $20 I think it is a must for those of you who own a P-2000. I bought mine at Best Buy but Wal Mart also carries them.