Eye Eye!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jgrove, Nov 27, 2005.

1. jgrove

jgrove

Apr 13, 2005
    Halesowen,UK
    Had to post this shot, cropped to 100% and straight from the camera (D2hs) with NR set to Normal.

50mm F1.8 wide open. The detail at 1600 ISO is incredible

Anyway here you go,

[​IMG]

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Wanna trade for a real nice D2H?? :biggrin:

3. My current dilemma, D2Hs or wait 6 months for a D2X...

Great picture though ;)

4. James...Did you use a flash?

5. jgrove

jgrove

Apr 13, 2005
    Halesowen,UK
    Hi Catz nope i didnt use a flash it was shot under standard house hold lights, at 50mm F1.8 ISO 1600 Noise Reduction Set to NORM on the camera, Sharpening set to Normal in the camera. Auto WB.

I have to admit i am not a flash fan, partly my complete lack of understanding of it, even though i own a SB800 and Sb-600 i still dont seem to have the time to sit down or stand as the case maybe to work with them. Thats why i always prefer to shoot with available light, the 50mm F1.4 and 85mm F1.4 allow photographers to do that, its just i dont have either of them! :smile:

6. Wow James! That's is very clean indeed. I wish I could get the same with the D2H at ISO 1600...

7. Plenty of detail, in fact I can see you in the reflection of the eye. :biggrin:
    Standing in front of a window on a nice day it looks like.