Eye Pop Tutorial for NX and NX2 Users

I have had a few people ask me how to add the sparkle to the eyes using NX/NX2. So I have made an effort at writing a tutorial to explain the process I use at least. Rather than just posting the material in a message, I prepared a pdf document instead. You may view it at www.oetc.com/EyePopNX.pdf .

Please let me know of any errors or improvements I can make to it.

Thanks,

Nice job! I think the appropriate level of sharpening may depend on the camera and the amount of crop already applied. But you cover that in the Note a).

If we are just talking eyes, then another technique that could be applied is to add a DLIGHTING step . I use this sometimes if the eye sockets are dark (e.g. shadowed). By applying the same technique (substituting dlighting for USM), you can lighten up the eyes a bit and even bring out a bit more color. If you are careful it can work quite well and bring out the eyes a bit more... a nice complement to the eye sharpening technique you've shown.

Regards,
PG

Regards,
PG

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice job! I think the appropriate level of sharpening may depend on the camera and the amount of crop already applied. But you cover that in the Note a).

If we are just talking eyes, then another technique that could be applied is to add a DLIGHTING step . I use this sometimes if the eye sockets are dark (e.g. shadowed). By applying the same technique (substituting dlighting for USM), you can lighten up the eyes a bit and even bring out a bit more color. If you are careful it can work quite well and bring out the eyes a bit more... a nice complement to the eye sharpening technique you've shown.

Regards,
PG

Regards,
PG

Thank you PG. Yes, using Adjust ---> Light ---> D-Lighting can do just what you said, but one can also use the Color Control Point as an edit step to brighten the shadowed area . I have found that often the warmth slider needs adjustment to blend it all nicely. Have you tried this technique? Using all three of these techniques gives a nice tool set. :smile: I should think my comment about having the eye sharpening be about the last edit step still applies.

Regards,

Latest threads

Top Bottom