Eyeglass Frames

Hello all, I just did some test photographs for my work place, and wanted to get some C&C on the results.

I have never shot eyeglass frames and it was a little challenging to say the least.

Images were shot with an SB-600 shooting through umbrella on the left and reflector on the right.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
The fames look nice, no anoying reflections or distractions. I like the composition of #2 since the ear piece doesn't cut through the lens. But if but ear piece does intersect the eye piece, then #3 is better than #1......

You could clone out the small shadows...even put onto a different background....JMHO...

I actually agree completely on the positioning of the frames.

These images are tests for our advertising on a new optical magazine which only uses white backgrounds so I cannot really use anything else.

Thank you very much for the comments Karen.

You have said yourself a tough task, considering the standard of commercial eyewear product shots. If your EXIF is correct you are at f25, which explains the softness. I know it is a tradeoff with depth of field, but I think you may get a more interesting look with a carefully chosen focus plane and a background fading into a blur. Or you may look into focus stacking, that would give you the whole frame in razor sharp focus.

I just got new glasses, so I just sat starring at all the promo frame shots at the optometrist for a good while, they are very good.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom