Eyepiece Monitor Question

Real Name
Ken St John
I'm a few months into the mirrorless shift (to my EOS R) and yesterday when I was out taking some pictures of friends on a camping trip, I noticed that when I look through the viewfinder, the eyepiece monitor seems a lot more contrasty than if I use the "live view" on the back or when I review images that have been taken. The images themselves are perfect.

Is that also true for the Nikon ones? Just curious ...

Cheers!!

Ken

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
I'm a few months into the mirrorless shift (to my EOS R) and yesterday when I was out taking some pictures of friends on a camping trip, I noticed that when I look through the viewfinder, the eyepiece monitor seems a lot more contrasty than if I use the "live view" on the back or when I review images that have been taken. The images themselves are perfect.

Is that also true for the Nikon ones? Just curious ...

Cheers!!

Ken
:wideyed: mirrorless syndrome?

I think somewhere, deep in the menues you can adjust it.

Kind regards
Klaus

I am a Nikon user, but I compared Nikon and Canon in terms of their user-interface. In Canon EOS R6, the following menus may help your situation:
Set-up Tab > Viewfinder brightness
Set-up Tab > Screen brightness
Set-up Tab > Screen/viewfinder color tone
Set-up Tab > Fine-tune VF color tone

Menu structure may be different in your R model. Canon is not shy about changing their menu hierarchy and user-interface paradigm left and right, compared with Nikon. Canon's user-interface changes from model to model. In fact, in the latest EOS R5 & R6, they changed the menu structure drastically even after their initial shipment. Guys writing a Canon camera user guide is in limbo. Their 500-600 page books are already out of date even before they are published. Nikon does issue firmware updates also, but Nikon is much more careful in their menu change.

If you think you have messed up your setting, you can try: Set-up Tab > Reset camera > Basic settings / Other settings. This will bring the camera to the original factory default.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Top Bottom