Eyes To The Skies Festival

The Eyes To The Skies Festival held annually in Lisle, Illinois attracts balloonists from all over the U.S. to launch their skyships at this 4 day event...weather permitting! Images taken with a D2H and the beast...

The bright smiling faces of happy children...
45558644.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Sky ships inflated and ready...but it was too windy...
View attachment 11360

Colorful silk panels adorn a blue morning sky...
View attachment 11361

The canines accompanying their owners loved this balloon...
View attachment 11362

More images on my Pbase site. Thanks so much for looking. Critiques are always welcomed.

eng45ine said:
More images on my Pbase site. [...] Critiques are always welcomed.
I have not looked at your pbase site yet but, the pictures overhere show too much detail for my likings. I miss the overview. Don't get me wrong. The four I see overhere I like very much. I just think they would fit in better in a nice series about balooning. I'll just pop over to your pbase site and have a look what's there.

Thanks everyone for looking and offering your comments. Marc...when I shot many of the images this morning...I tried to be creative so my images wouldn't look like the snapshots I took when I was in elementary school. I shot almost two hundred images and many were images of balloons inflated and tethered to the ground. While the colors were pretty...the images were nothing special in my opinion. I chose to post images that were composed to reveal oddities such as angles, shaddows, textures, etc. One thing that I am striving for in my photography is shooting from an angle that most people would never think was possible or interesting. I appreciate your viewpoint and no offense was taken...I am a student of this art like many here are. :)

Latest threads

Top Bottom