F.S.J.I.F.W.A.

Discussion in 'Birds' started by bobbyv, Oct 8, 2017.

1. As we all know, that stands for Florida Scrub Jay In Flight With Acorn. The 300 2.8 is somewhere between Florida and Illinois jammed in a box with bubble wrap and styro popcorn so I dusted off the old 300 f/4, attached a D7200 and chased Scrub Jays out on Merritt Island. It even squeaked a little for the first few exposures than it kicked in.

1516w.

1517b.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Butlerkid

Butlerkid Cafe Ambassador Moderator

Apr 8, 2008
    Rutledge, Tennessee
    Karen
    #1 is nice. #2 is outstanding! Well done!

3. amazing captures for any lens
    you are a good driver

4. Thanks. I got shut out all morning until I found these guys. The Scrub Jay park in Rockledge was closed, as was Viera, the Click Ponds, and Mocassin Island. On Merritt Island the Biolab Road and Blackpoint are also closed. All due to hurricane damage to trees and/or flooding. These Scrubbies were found on a little known back road that for some reason was still open.

5. I meant camera driver

6. I caught that. My insurance company like my camera stuff AND my driving record.

7. Great captures, especially 2.

8. Thanks. I just noticed the bunny in the first one. Oops.

9. Superb shooting Bobby.

10. Nice shots Bobby - I like the positioning of the bird in the second image.

11. Top-notch, Bobby. That lens is outstanding optically. Just too heavy for me to handhold, especially w/o VR. I shipped mine out this morning to a nice buyer in the midwest and will be using the new PF version.

12. Binnur

Binnur

Oct 4, 2017
    Izmir / Turkey
    Both very nice, #2 is special .

13. gorec

gorec

May 15, 2014
    UAE
    Awesome work ,Bobby!!