1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

f1.6 at 30mph

Discussion in 'People' started by Mitchell, Jun 24, 2019.

1. Really a crazy choice for me to even try to take a photo like this with such a narrow DOF on such a fast subject, but the focus hit on this one and I find the 3D effect quite pleasing.

61019-4-X2.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

• Like Like x 5
  2. Great capture.

3. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    That does have a great look to the image!

4. Thanks, Wade. This one really looks different on my big monitor.

5. Thanks, Terri.

6. What do you use for AF fine tune

7. I never fine tuned this lens. It seemed sharp right out of the box on all my bodies.

I have FoCal which I've used with various success. My high end glass has never really needed any fine tuning. I suspect the tolerances are much tighter at the factory.

This lens is very sharp. Look at this shot at f2
    61019-5-X2.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

8. Your pics are like an add for that lens

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  9. Thanks. It helps that I had some nice light for these.

10. McQ

McQ Just your average, everyday moderator. Moderator

I agree with Randy. Those pics are like the perfect ad for the lens. Good technique, coupled with good glass = great photos. Thanks for sharing and reminding us that with some effort, this is possible!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.