1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

F100 + Delta 3200

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by Phillip Ino, May 3, 2011.

1. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    Just one from yesterday. Have been busy shooting weddings lately and haven't had much time to shoot film. Got out yesterday, though....was our first rain in a while.

F100 35/2 Delta 3200

5685139298_7d40be1344_b.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. Mark101

Mark101

Oct 20, 2009
    Alabama
    Which dev for this one ?

3. shtarka1

shtarka1

Feb 1, 2008
    Boston
    Nice multidimensional shot FJ!

4. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin

Ilfotec DD, according to the lab's website. Don't know if that is good or bad. Wish I did my own developing :smile:

5. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin

Thanks, Steve! :biggrin:

6. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    The picture is funny Francis! I'm thinking, "why is the wheelbarrow there?". Then I answer, "cause it dumped the gravel." But then why is the gravel there? followed by because it was dumped by the wheelbarrow. And the cycle continues. I have to scroll away to stop it! :eek: 

It's fun and easy ya know. No darkroom required, in fact fifty bucks of stuff and about an hour in the bathroom is all it takes.

7. cr2596

cr2596

Aug 20, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I have a rather basic question: how do you break open the film canister inside the changing bag?

That is the only thing that perplexes me about home developing.

8. My weapons of choice ...
    5686286580_26b747042f_o.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

But I suppose any bottle cap remover will work!:biggrin::biggrin:

9. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Heh, Ray - I've got those too!

[​IMG]

While the Coors - America's Fine Light Beer® - opener is certainly more classic, I find that the steeper angle, and sharper gripping tongue of the generic opener works better. Clayton, put the pointy end into the spindle that does not stick out of the canister, and hook the tongue onto the lip of the cap. I find that two gentle lifts removes it without bending it. That way, you can put it back on and reuse the canister. But if you are impatient a single rip twists the cap right off. Then push out the film by pressing in the other end of the spindle. Take a small scissor into the bag with you to cut the leader straight across and to cut the film free from the spool when you get to the end.

ps, Ray I actually use the Coors opener to open beer. Not coors of course, because their cans have pop-tops and their bottles have twist-offs.

pps, Francis, thanks for letting us use your thread to discuss this finer point of film developing. Plus it gives me another chance to check out your picture - still funny, and even more involved than my first look!

10. mhcfires

mhcfires

Aug 23, 2007
    El Cajon, CA
    I use a cheapie film retriever. It is easier than the church key.

11. shadowkon

shadowkon

Nov 10, 2009
    USA
    I use the curvy point at one end of my Swiss-Army knife/multi-tool.
    Everybody has one, right? :) 

12. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin

Thanks, Chris!

See....I have come close several times to buying a kit to do B&W at home in the bathroom.....but as you might already know....that could lead to much bigger projects, and I haven't the time nor the resources to commit to that right now...so it must wait :wink:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.