F100 + Delta 3200

Just one from yesterday. Have been busy shooting weddings lately and haven't had much time to shoot film. Got out yesterday, though....was our first rain in a while.

F100 35/2 Delta 3200

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Chris
The picture is funny Francis! I'm thinking, "why is the wheelbarrow there?". Then I answer, "cause it dumped the gravel." But then why is the gravel there? followed by because it was dumped by the wheelbarrow. And the cycle continues. I have to scroll away to stop it! :eek:

... Wish I did my own developing :smile:
It's fun and easy ya know. No darkroom required, in fact fifty bucks of stuff and about an hour in the bathroom is all it takes.

The picture is funny Francis! I'm thinking, "why is the wheelbarrow there?". Then I answer, "cause it dumped the gravel." But then why is the gravel there? followed by because it was dumped by the wheelbarrow. And the cycle continues. I have to scroll away to stop it! :eek:

It's fun and easy ya know. No darkroom required, in fact fifty bucks of stuff and about an hour in the bathroom is all it takes.
I have a rather basic question: how do you break open the film canister inside the changing bag?

That is the only thing that perplexes me about home developing.

I have a rather basic question: how do you break open the film canister inside the changing bag?

That is the only thing that perplexes me about home developing.
My weapons of choice ...

But I suppose any bottle cap remover will work!:biggrin::biggrin:

Real Name
Chris
My weapons of choice ...

But I suppose any bottle cap remover will work!:biggrin::biggrin:
Heh, Ray - I've got those too!

While the Coors - America's Fine Light Beer® - opener is certainly more classic, I find that the steeper angle, and sharper gripping tongue of the generic opener works better. Clayton, put the pointy end into the spindle that does not stick out of the canister, and hook the tongue onto the lip of the cap. I find that two gentle lifts removes it without bending it. That way, you can put it back on and reuse the canister. But if you are impatient a single rip twists the cap right off. Then push out the film by pressing in the other end of the spindle. Take a small scissor into the bag with you to cut the leader straight across and to cut the film free from the spool when you get to the end.

ps, Ray I actually use the Coors opener to open beer. Not coors of course, because their cans have pop-tops and their bottles have twist-offs.

pps, Francis, thanks for letting us use your thread to discuss this finer point of film developing. Plus it gives me another chance to check out your picture - still funny, and even more involved than my first look!

I use the curvy point at one end of my Swiss-Army knife/multi-tool.
Everybody has one, right? :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks, Chris!

See....I have come close several times to buying a kit to do B&W at home in the bathroom.....but as you might already know....that could lead to much bigger projects, and I haven't the time nor the resources to commit to that right now...so it must wait :wink:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom