F15 Close Up

The relaxed position of the back seater reminds me of something I always told young guys who might be interested in flying for the USAF - "yup, just another day at the office."
I suspect this is one of those jobs they describe as: Hours or boredom followed by seconds of terror.
You train for years to handle the seconds.
Heck, I could handle the boring parts.
Gary
GREAT shot by the way.

Real Name
Barry
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Great shots. .there is a place in California called Star Wars Canyon that the jets fly through very close as well... I had 1 day to visit this year but the weather was not great so no jets.. I would like to get down there and visit a few days in hope of something great like you have.
A few of my friends have been to Star Wars Canyon and got some great shots. Pity about the weather when you went, we get the same here when the weather closes in and no low level flying.

I hope to get back there, but it would require me to fly down there, so nothing in 2020.. maybe 2021... love the images..

Great shots. .there is a place in California called Star Wars Canyon that the jets fly through very close as well... I had 1 day to visit this year but the weather was not great so no jets.. I would like to get down there and visit a few days in hope of something great like you have.
are the jets still restricted? last i heard they had a limit of 1500ft as to how low they could get following last years crash

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom