F150 Ford 50mm after help from forum

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by MiriamJ, Jan 7, 2006.

1. I recently posted a photo of hubby's F150 and received lots of great advice from this forum. I wanted one showing the upgraded mirrors, so we went back and reshot incorporating what I could from your suggestions. Also, by that time I had the 50mm f/1.8 AIS, so I used that instead of the 18-70mm. (The camera was the D70).

original.

For comparison, here is the original one I posted:

original.

After reading this thread, https://www.nikoncafe.com/vforums/showthread.php?t=59452, I decided to resize in one step using Resample image, Bicubic sharper.

As always, I appreciate any critisisms, suggestions, comments or whatever.

Thanks for looking. :smile:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  2. Wow, what a difference. The new one looks great!!!
    Hubby will be pleased!!

3. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    What was a nice snapshot is now an image that could easily be used by the Ford Motor Company on an ad campaign. The new and improved image is much more refined and exhibits the truck much better. Very nice improvement, Miriam.

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Great Miriam,

Love the sparkle on the light.. That just tops it off for sure.

Good job...

5. Ann, Frank and Gale. Thank you very much. The advice I received worked very well. He's very pleased with the results, and I couldn't be happier, either.

6. Hey Miriam,

The first pic was good, but your latest effort is terrific! I love the twinkle in the fog light, the low angle and the pastel background. You must be proud... not as much as your hubby, of course, but proud still! :smile: So, did you print it? How big?

7. Hey, Thanks, Phillipe! :) Haven't had it printed it up yet. I think a 16"X20" will look great above his bookcase.

8. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Miriam

Now I have a problem - choosing which.

You see, I loved the original and whilst this new one is yet a step further, I think both are really great - magazine style.

I would be delighted with either but I can see the difference in the new one.

For me - if I may say, - both great.

All the best

Ray

9. That's very kind, Ray! Thank you. :)

10. K-loader

K-loader

May 31, 2005
    Maryland, USA
    Wow, great shot. The truck’s lights really add a bonus effect to a very good photo. If it were my truck I’d love a BIG print hanging around my office.

11. Miriam, my reaction was the same as Frank's-the top picture looks like a professional shot in a sales brochure. Very well done.

12. Thanks, Dan! It'll be a pretty good sized sized print.

13. Thanks very much, Dave. The advice I received in this forum really paid off.

14. Tell your hubby about this site - everything and more about auto paint polishng, paint finishes, rubber & plastic care, ... You name it

www.autopia.org

15. I like the original better. It's brighter and I like the 'posture' of the truck better in the original.

16. He's always looking to learn as much as he can, I know he'll appreciate the link. Thanks!

17. Thank you, Muril, I very much appreciate your feedback.

18. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Just a superb shot and processing Miriam. Wow , what a difference. Bravo,

Wade

19. Always appreciate your thoughts and comments. Thanks, Wade!

20. I love the fact that you posted the 'first' picture and then a 'second' picture incorporating what you picked up here in the Cafe!!!

Great shot(s) Miriam!!