1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

F22 Raptor at Farnborough Airshow

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by jomike, Jul 10, 2008.

1. jomike

jomike

Jun 7, 2008
    Surrey. England
  2. rrx3

rrx3

Jun 14, 2008
    Wiltshire, UK
    I'm hoping for a glimpse as they fly in to Fairford this weekend. Great shots, BTW!

3. Those things are monstrously awesome. Nice of them to fly right by! The Raptor sounds AMAZING on full tap. I've had the pleasure of being in the air with a Raptor. It's ridiculous.

4. jomike

jomike

Jun 7, 2008
    Surrey. England
    Thanks for the compliments!

The pilot was giving it a good workout, standing it on its tail etc. Unfortunately it was mostly too far away to get shots. It does sound amazing though.

5. Jumbo

Jumbo Guest

I hope to see the Raptor flying when visiting RIAT (Fairford) next Saturday.
    Never saw it "live" performing.

6. Cougar8045

Cougar8045

May 25, 2007
    Earth
  7. Walt

Walt

Jun 12, 2008
    North Carolina
    It is an incredible plane, the pilot does an excellant performance. I saw him at Langley this year. All I can say is amazing.

walt

8. jomike

jomike

Jun 7, 2008
    Surrey. England
    Thanks all :smile:

Cougar, those are great shots, I hope that next week I can get some shots from closer, but the Raptor is only flying on Monday I believe.
    I love the way condensation clouds form on the wings during sharp turns. :eek: 

9. BagOfBones

BagOfBones

Apr 28, 2008
    Dayton, OH
    looks straight out of a futuristic movie. great shots guys!

10. Wonderful shots...I'm still lamenting the retirement of the F-14, but these make me a bit less sad, beautiful aircraft are still being built.:smile:

11. gonedigital

gonedigital Guest

awesome pics! I'm going to the airshow next year to the Tyndall AFB Airshow to see if perform...I can't wait!

they are having a bit of a problem with it in testing. The F/A-18 Super Hornet is able to get the jump on it. apparently the raptor's engines hesitate when hitting the throttles to 100% or to afterburner.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.