1. rebrewer

rebrewer

Aug 1, 2005
    Davis, CA
    I just realized there isn't a F5 forum here. I noticed a F5 for sale on photo.net, in excellent condition for only $500. I thought the were low at $700...

I love my D2x, but my F5AE owns my heart. There is just nothing else like it.

So, are we a digital community here? Anyone still shooting their F5?

Bob

2. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    I don't have an F5 Bob, but film still holds a place in my art. Of all my cameras, however, I use my N80 the least - I just can't warm up to it. An f5 might be better, huh? I do enjoy running a roll of trix through my OM1 or Mamiya 645 every now and then - I keep a set of chemicals at the ready.

3. Iliah

Iliah

Jan 29, 2005
    nowhere
    I shoot F4, and am slowly thinking of trying F6. I do not see digital alternatives to b/w film, especially with current 400 lp/mm films. My FM2N and F3HP are still in use, too

4. Bob, I still use my F6 and Leica M, and also the Xpan II.

5. I still hold on to my F80 (N80). I use it with Kodak BW400CN film and a Nikkor 20mm. A special niche, but an unrivaled gear for it.

6. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    I still use my F5 and the F4s for back-up. I think the lower price on used F5's has to do with Cameta blowing out new F5's on Ebay for $900. Then again, you don't know what is wrong with the $500 one.....

7. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    I love my F100...and I would love it even more if one of you fine members would buy it from me and give it a great home!!! :rolleyes: I would gladly take the proceeds and put them towards the purchase of another D2H or D2Hs. There is absolutely nothing wrong with shooting film...we have all done it for years with outstanding results, but I am succeeding to the digital revolution 100%. Christmas is coming...my F100 will make a perfect gift for someone special in your life!!! :biggrin:

8. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    Still own my F5, but I have not used it in a long long time. I don't ever see me selling it, and with my new job I'm finding I have very little time to even take pictures now a days and even less to spend behind the computer editing them. I see a time coming where I'm might slip back to letting someone else take them to print for me.

9. Moved to digital from the F3 HP and never looked back.

10. Iliah

Iliah

Jan 29, 2005
    nowhere
    Dear Gordon,

If you still have your F3hP, you may want to paly with this film:
    http://gigabitfilm.com/html/english/menu.htm
    It is increadibly good for street photography, architecture and landsapes. As well as for portraits in studio.

11. I still enjoy shooting film (F100, FM3a, FE2).

On a recent week-long trip the only gear I took along was the FM3a and 45mm f/2.8P. It was a quite liberating experience, and there were very few moments when I wished for a difference camera or alternative lens choices.

Best wishes,

David