Face replacement

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by Uncle Frank, Jun 29, 2008.

1. Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  2. Frank, that's great! I try to do similar with decreasing opacity so I can get the image in the right place.

I like the eraser option, I always forget about that. I'd do it the longer way of using a layer mask most of the time.

3. Neat!

When opening closed eyes or changing an expression I've had good luck with the clone tool. Open both images and select the "good" image face as the source and then clone the pixels onto the "bad" image face.

4. For sure the layer mask is the superior approach. I included the eraser option for newcomers to photo-finishing, and for those who don't have programs that include layer masking.

Cloning will work if the source and target pictures were taken from the same spot, and if the subject didn't shift their pose between clicks. But the alignment selection is critical. The layer mask method is more complicated, but I think it's easier.

5. Well done Frank and I like your demo images.

6. Khaisy

Khaisy

Jan 3, 2008
    California
    Well done Frank, I agree with your both response. I use this method a lot when I photograph a group. One person almost always has their eyes closed in the best shot of everyone.

7. In Photoshop, it's also useful to try changing the layer blend mode to "Difference" while you move it into place.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.