Face replacement

Frank, that's great! I try to do similar with decreasing opacity so I can get the image in the right place.

I like the eraser option, I always forget about that. I'd do it the longer way of using a layer mask most of the time.

Neat!

When opening closed eyes or changing an expression I've had good luck with the clone tool. Open both images and select the "good" image face as the source and then clone the pixels onto the "bad" image face.

I like the eraser option, I always forget about that. I'd do it the longer way of using a layer mask most of the time.
For sure the layer mask is the superior approach. I included the eraser option for newcomers to photo-finishing, and for those who don't have programs that include layer masking.

When opening closed eyes or changing an expression I've had good luck with the clone tool. Open both images and select the "good" image face as the source and then clone the pixels onto the "bad" image face.
Cloning will work if the source and target pictures were taken from the same spot, and if the subject didn't shift their pose between clicks. But the alignment selection is critical. The layer mask method is more complicated, but I think it's easier.

Well done Frank, I agree with your both response. I use this method a lot when I photograph a group. One person almost always has their eyes closed in the best shot of everyone.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom