Face to face with GBH

Discussion in 'Birds' started by james thiel, Apr 2, 2007.

1. I have not been able to take many pictures in the past few months given my camera was in the shop and my work schedule. I did manage to sneak out around noon last week and found a place I could get eye level with some herons sitting in the trees above the Ballard locks. I should have tried the BB as it would have balanced some of the shadows out. I may try again this week if we see any more sun. Nothing great with these just felt the need to post a few. The GBH's were all full frame shots. Thanks.

original.

View attachment 88017
    This image was sharpened too much. I really need some time to redo it. I think it would be better with less sharpening applied here.

Here is a Mallard Duck with the sun on its head.
    View attachment 88018

2. They all look good to me Jim, glad you were able to get out for some shooting.

3. They all look pretty outstanding to me Jim. Glad to see you managed to get out a bit.

Louie

4. Timeout

Timeout

May 23, 2006
    SoCal
    Hey Jim, glad you got your gear back and had an opportunity to shoot. These look good to me and it's nice to see you getting back into the swing of things. :smile:

5. Hi Jim. Good shots. That Mallard head really glows.

6. Excellent Jim. The blues you have up you way are definitely "cooler" than those down here. Ours seems to have a comfort zone averaging 200 feet or more - you go inside that and they are outtahere.

Except for one occasion that I can remember, when the blue flew onto a branch about 40-50 feet away and possed there for about 10 minutes for about 5 of us.

7. Bet it's good to have the gear back! And free time is just around the corner. Very nice series Jim.

8. BillW

BillW

Apr 16, 2006
    Orlando, Florida
    They look good here Jim;
    Good to see blue sky for you there.

9. TimK

TimK

Apr 17, 2006
    Hong Kong, China
    Great captures, Jim. Te lighting of the last one was just superb! One of the best ducks I've ever seen.