1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Face

Discussion in 'People' started by Rob, Aug 22, 2005.

1. Rob

Rob

Jul 28, 2005
    Truro, Cornwall, UK
    This is the portrait of a steam traction engine driver. As soon as I saw him on his engine I was fascinated. He looked fatigued, and alone. He was covered in soot. The original is grainy, I had the ISO set at 1600 as I had just been photographing some moving engine parts, yet I think it helps this image.

Tinkering4-1BW.gif
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 14270

2. He does have an intense look and could probably use a cold drink. I like the grain and the whole look of the image. I bet he would like a print.

3. I like this image a lot. I think the grain really adds to it and gives it a timeless feel...it could have been taken today or 50 years ago! Nice capture!

4. It's not grain, it's noise... noise is bad, noise is terrible, noise means your camera is crap.

EVERYTHING has a place in art!

Even "noise"

Woody

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.