facebook plugin to Lightroom failed

Lightroom version 4.4
Plugin version 4.4.0.891433

Attempting to "Create Collection..." in Facebook -- nothing happens. Go to settings I see "The plug-in had an internal failure".

Go to the plugin manager and it says that the plug-in is enabled but has encountered some problems.

Perfectly willing to delete and reinstall, but no idea where to find the latest version of this plug-in...not even sure where it came from except that it used to work fine. Been a while as I don't upload pictures a lot but I have a half dozen or so albums that I successfully uploaded previously.

Also can't figure out how to remove it from LR because the remove button in the plugin manager is grayed out.

Ideas??

Real Name
Walter Rowe
This sounds like the built-in plugin for Facebook. Look for the Facebook section at the bottom of the left sidebar in the Library module. Mouse over the heading line and right-click to see if options there will help you resolve the problem. It may be as simple as disabling it and providing your login credentials again. It may not. Worth a try.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
This sounds like the built-in plugin for Facebook. Look for the Facebook section at the bottom of the left sidebar in the Library module. Mouse over the heading line and right-click to see if options there will help you resolve the problem. It may be as simple as disabling it and providing your login credentials again. It may not. Worth a try.
Nothing. Just says that it has an internal error. I can't remove it because the button is disabled. All I can do is disable it. Re-enabling it results in the same error.

That is Jeffrey's, not the one I have installed (I think, based on version numbers). I cannot find a downloadable version from Adobe to overwrite the one I have installed.

Wow...somehow started working again. I have no idea how but...

The Facebook plug-in has been weirding out periodically for me for about a week. I suspect an issue on the FB end of things. They are always tinkering with something and testing is not in their vocabulary. If my daughter-in-law were not addicted to FB, making it the prime source of pics and video of my grandson, I would bail.

I try that with my kids but they know I'm a pushover...maybe FB isn't that smart

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom