Faces in the city

Discussion in 'People' started by virtuamike, Jul 23, 2005.

1. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Excellent shots all, mike. That yer new 85 1.4 I assume? The tones and colors really suit daytime street shooting. Like I said, excellent - keep it up, I wanna see more!

2. Thx! Actually the only 2 that were 85/1.4 were the 3rd & 4th image posted in here (files 04 & 05), rest were 50/1.4.

3. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Love em all!

Isn't capturing the expressions ppl make fun!?

4. Excellent shots, Mike!

5. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Mike,

How do you approach people like that? Do you ask their permission or just snap away? I'm usually too embarrassed to ask or take the shot with people I don't know.

Thanks,

6. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Very nice...that is probably more enjoyable that most would think. Everyone should get out and give it try.

7. Thx! Yes it's a great experience. It depends on the situation, sometimes I'll ask and sometimes I'll just snap away. I don't try to be sneaky or anything though so people are aware that I'm taking their picture. For the most part they don't mind.

8. LOL!! The first one made me laugh!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

9. Interesting story on #1. It was a show and the performer noticed me taking pictures of the audience and started teasing me in front of the crowd, saying I really should be taking pictures of him instead. Then he jumped into the audience, saying this is prob the only way he's gonna get his picture taken. We all had a good laugh and he cheesed for me a couple times through the show.

sf16_full.

10. DanWhite

DanWhite

Jul 10, 2005
    Lansdale PA
    Great street shots mike!