Faces of Little League

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by Tomerrifc, Jul 1, 2007.

1. These are from last week. I did not get to shoot this week as we left for the beach for a week of vacation.

View attachment 103651

View attachment 103652

View attachment 103653
    When I first got there I snapped this little guy in the dugout and I thought hey I just saw this kid up to bat. So I'm thinking I'm seeing double until...
    View attachment 103654
    Their Dad comes over to get a card from me and tells me he has two kids on the team. He points them out to me and boy what a relief, I was seeing double. They're twins. :smile:
    View attachment 103655

2. Oldtime

Oldtime

Jul 5, 2006
    Durham, NC
    Ty great faces
    gotta love the shot of the Twins

3. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    These are really nice Ty, they bring home the personal side of youth baseball. I'm thinking your website is becoming very active. A 400mm in your future with the profits?

4. Great head shots, tyrone. Really nice photos, so thanks for sharing. Enjoy your vacation.

5. You knocked these right out of the ballpark, Ty! Parents had to just gobble these shots up. Well done!

6. niknd501

niknd501

May 13, 2006
    Illinois
    Outstanding Tyrone.....These shots are really what it is all about...
    A great age to photograph...

7. GBRandy

GBRandy

Feb 28, 2006
    Green Bay, WI
    Nice work Tyrone.....parents have to love these!

8. Vey nice Ty the parents love these portraits

9. Thanks Mark, I hope to get to shoot those guys again sometime soon.

Hey Frank, thanks a bunch. There has been lots of action on the website but marginal sales. I think they hold out to see if I'll shoot anymore of their teams. the season is just really reaching the halfway point. So no 400mm just yet.

Hey Harry, thanks a lot, much appreciated.

Why thank you so much Peter. I've had a few sales so far, I'm sure there will be more.

Hey Rod, thanks a bunch. And I totally agree that this age group makes for the best photos.

Hey Randy, thanks so much. I'm thinking that the parents are liking them by the amount of hits I'm getting on the site. They're just a little slow to purchase. But time will tell!

10. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    Really nice, Ty. Love the expressions, especially the last two shots.

11. Hey Mike, thanks a bunch and you are right, it seems that the parents do love these kind of shots.

Hey Jeff, thanks a lot. Those two guys at the end have the most incredible eyes that just jump out at you underneath those hats and helmets. I told their Dad that I would love to do some portrait work with his family. We'll see what happens.

12. The "Eyes" have it! Nice shooting Ty. I love the faces !

13. Hey Jim, thanks so much. I love shooting these guys.

14. Tyrone,

Great shots! I love the facial expressions. They seemed relaxed. (except for #4 - he seems a little apprehensive which is what makes that shot!).

Thinking back on my own son's soccer experience over the years, these kids look like they are there because it is fun to play. Soon enough the faces will harden up a bit as the determination to win becomes more important. That may make a good post - compare these faces with older kids.

Could you share which lens you used? I am assuming a shallow DOF. Were you standing pretty close to the kids when you took the shots, or were these across the field? Sorry for the questions, just trying to learn.

Michael

15. Wow! What an expressive set of photos.

Would love to shoot kids at play, however will have to wait till my grandchildren are old enough, so that I don't "spook" the parents by showing up unexpectedly.

16. Hey Michael, thanks a lot. And I agree with you how they are truly having fun.

The lens used is a 300mm f/2.8 mostly shot wide open. On some of these I may have had the 1.4 TC on.

17. RandyB

RandyB Guest

Very nice. A different look at the game.

18. Very nice, great expressions, sharpness, and contrast too. You gotta love the fact that the twins dad saved you by pointing that out, now let's get him to buy two of them ok? :)

Steve