Faces of the Cafe: Scottsdale Meetup

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chris101, Jul 30, 2005.

1. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    In alphabetical order:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Oh, and you know what I look like.

2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Chris...thanks for posting image from the meet-up, it is nice to see the faces of the Cafe...do those faces come with names?

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    No names just the alphabet....lololol

Nice Chris... Thanks.

Hope all had a wonderful time.....

Waiting for PICSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

4. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    That would be Becky, Jack, Jenn, Joanne, Kim, Olivia, Sam and Tim.

Gale, all I shot were faces of the willing, and one IR through Kim's R72:
    [​IMG]

And a few more people:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Other than that, we didn't do a lot of shooting. Maybe some of the others have more pics...

5. Greg

Greg

Apr 5, 2005
    Fayetteville, TN
    Hey, that's great stuff. Glad you had a chance to meet some of the other members. it's amazing how many do get together given we are spread all over the world.

6. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Great pics Chris. Looks like you guys had a pretty good group. Can you give us a list of attendees by their Cafe handles, so we can put faces to names?

Thanks,

7. And fun was had by all. Good shots Chris and glad you could get this fine looking group toghether.

8. Well, the ladies sure are pretty but the guys ...well, sorry! :lol: :lol:
    Having a BBQ today at my place for a bunch of photo geeks from Long Island.

Nice shots, I need one of those hats...I have to find out how to order one! 8)

9. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Lessee... not everybody there has a handle. The guy with the Nikon Cafe hat is JackG. The lady right below him is his SO (wife I believe - I see a ring) and her name is Joanne:
    [​IMG]

The young man with the checked shirt is yokimbo - Kim. His SO is Jenn:
    [​IMG]

(I've illustrated these two ladies because they are both short haired blondes with slight grins and sunglasses. And, well, there were requests ...)

The guy with the goatee at the bottom is TR_Fox, Tim.

The brunette at the top is Becky (my girlfriend, and the kids with icecream on their faces are Olivia and Sam. You've seem my photos of them before.) And the guy reading on the beach in the avatar is ... me.

10. TR_Fox

TR_Fox

Jun 13, 2005
    Flagstaff AZ
    Thanks Chris I think

Thanks for the posts Chris. I think after looking at me I know why I don't spend any time in front of the camera. :shock:

It was great to meet up with some of the people here.

11. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    It was totally great to meet you and the others Tim. Remember Kim will put the next one of these together in the Fall. By the way, did you take any pictures yesterday?

12. I sure did Chris. I'll post them within the next two days. Thanks again for organizing and bringing refreshments! That IR shot is awesome. I never thought of going red with an IR.

13. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Looks like you all have a fun time. It's nice to see so many Cafe members getting together.

14. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks Chris. :wink:

15. JackG

JackG

May 31, 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Chris, Kim & Tim

It was a pleasure meeting up with you on Saturday. It only reinforces my feelings about all the great folks in te Nikon Cafe community.

I look forward to seeing you all again at our next gathering and I hope we'll have others join us.

Special thanks to Chris for all his efforts in putting the first one together, I'm sure Kim will do as well and I'll be happy to follow up with one after Kim.

Thanks again!

Jack

16. more photos ...

Alrighty, here are some more photos from the meeting. We have Jack, silent but smiley; Joanne snapping away; Chris in action; and Sam, our little ice cream eating buddy. Sorry I didn't get more pictures. Luckily Chris was there. :D
    original.
    original.
    original.
    original.

17. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Thanks Kim! I'm using that picture for my new avatar!

And oh, look - you've caught Sam with his mouth open! ;) (I sometimes wonder if it closes... :roll: )

18. Is that a camera growing out of your head, or were you just happy to see us? LOL
    You're welcome, Chris. :D

19. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Heh. I'm also amazed you caught Jack with that big grin - when did he do that?? :) :lol: (j/k Jack! - I mean no offense! (people, Jack is someone you want to be nice to! ;) ))

Hey Kim, go check out my challenge entry and guess where I was yesterday. Don't tell my boss, ok?

20. JackG

JackG

May 31, 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Now wait a minute Chris, did I forget to tell you I have friends in high places.....or is it low places?
    --------------------
    Saw your challange pic, how did you get a shot of me with my hat off?

Jack