Facts of nature re: birds

Discussion in 'Birds' started by TOLady, Aug 2, 2005.

1. I'm always interested in learning new things in nature and saw this in the newspaper this morning. Never knew that!!!!
    original.
    Now that I've made you all have a good laugh, I'm going paddling. Ciao, baby!

2. bfjr

bfjr Guest

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

3. what a hoot!

4. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    now THAT is funny!

5. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    Re: Birds and nature, anyone remember the news from a few weeks back? Seems the birders at Madiera Canyon, AZ are upset. So many visitors have walked through the canyon with their cell phones on recently, the Mockingbirds have started doing cell-phone ring imitations!!!!

6. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Very funny, Sandi!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

7. Glad you like this, sure made me laugh over my morning coffee! (paddling has been postponed: humungous thunderboomer just came through and I didn't want to become a crispy critter)

Baywing, that is too funny!!! I can just see the mockingbirds chirping it out and everyone reaching for their pocket/holster! *LOL*

8. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    You guys crack me up!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

9. Ibn

Ibn

Jun 28, 2005
    San Jose, CA
    OMG. Almost spat on my monitor trying to hold the tea down. :oops: Really cracked me up.

Thanks for posting that.

10. Glad I could provide a laugh for your day.... Eric, keep Windex around, I've got a lot more of these!

11. Funny! Actually, there is quit a bit of "cheating" going on in the bird world; but usually few divorces.

12. You're right Thomas, very few divorces.... because the falcons eat the cheaters - Winged Hitmen!! LOL I love studying the habits of birds - believe it or not, they're very interesting!

13. Three birds hit my window while I was reading your post. There must be something in the air. :lol: :lol:

14. I'm with you on that! I'd much rather sit and observe than jump back in the car to see how many species you can chalk up in that day or geographic region (I have many friends that are into that scene).