Fading Techniques (Vignette)

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by Billy Ng, Jul 13, 2007.

1. Billy Ng

Billy Ng

Jan 22, 2007
    Hartsdale, NY
    I've got a somewhat decent vignette action for PS CS2 but it only works with an elliptical shape ... I'm looking for someting that would vignette out in more of a square pattern.

If this doesn't exist ... does anyone have any fading/vignetting techniques they'd like to share?

2. cs3s vignette function is nice, i'm not certain if it is the same as cs2. manually burning in the edges works better. good luck.

3. If you mean fade to white, make sure your foreground colour is set to black, and background then is white. Use Rectangular Marquee Tool, feather set to 50 (or whatever suits) and draw a square on your picture. Select > Inverse. Delete. Now you'll have a square vignette fading to white.

If you want a darker vignette. Duplicate layer. Layer mode = Multiply. Draw feathered square with the marquee tool and hit Delete. If you want the vignette even darker, pull up first layer pic and darken it with levels tool.

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I use the Chicken Hunters..errr Peanos action to do it.
    lolol
    Can be found at www.atncentral.com

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    lolol Dave