Fair price for a used 85 1.4

Anybody has any idea what is the fair price for a minty 85 1.4? Those of you who bought this lens used recently, would you please chime in too?

N

Nuteshack

mine was purchased recently at Pro Photo in Portland...test fired and put back in the box, then i bought it. for all practical purposes -> Brand new for about 800 bucks..so like nykonian said "$800-$900" works...;-)

mine was purchased recently at Pro Photo in Portland...test fired and put back in the box, then i bought it. for all practical purposes -> Brand new for about 800 bucks..so like nykonian said "$800-$900" works...;-)
Do they have another one like that?:tongue:

N

Nuteshack

i bought it from the gentleman that bought it from Pro Photo...he paid full retail and never used it.....my gain, bless him ....;-))

Nute,

That's a nice 20% savings for you. I paid $999 new from Amazon. I think I got the last one though. It said "only 1 left." which I never believed before, but now it says $1450 and a 1-2 month wait. Guess I was lucky.

It seems that many lenses sell for about 80% of their original price, is that about right? If so, I wonder if it is worth the bit more to get the warranty?

Craig

N

Nuteshack

Nute,

That's a nice 20% savings for you. I paid $999 new from Amazon. I think I got the last one though. It said "only 1 left." which I never believed before, but now it says $1450 and a 1-2 month wait. Guess I was lucky.

It seems that many lenses sell for about 80% of their original price, is that about right? If so, I wonder if it is worth the bit more to get the warranty?

Craig
u gotta good deal, Craig..these things are impossible to find right now..u wouldn't have a problem getting most of your money back if u sold it today.
:biggrin:

N

Nuteshack

i got the warranty with mine but that's seldom the case when buying used ...but ya i hear ya, that's a good buy...;-)

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom