1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Fairness Doctrine - 600 straight successful paypal exchanges

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by latazyo, Sep 25, 2008.

1. latazyo

latazyo

Apr 23, 2008
    STL
    here at the cafe we have a lot of paypal related threads and it gives the image that this service is bad in some way

on the other side of the coin, I am happy to announce that I have just passed the 600 consecutive successful paypal transactions mark

I love paypal and would never buy or sell anything online to anyone without it

this is a thread for those of us who like paypal

2. InLimbo87

InLimbo87

Jul 30, 2008
    Orlando, Fl
    I, too, have had good luck with paypal (although I've always been somewhat weary of them due to a lot of the stories, etc).

I think a lot of it has to do with keeping your own account secure, and dealing with the right people whenever possible. As for me though, I'm knocking on wood right now as I don't want to jinx myself here!

3. Lurker

Lurker

Jul 21, 2007
    NJ
    If you do a lot on eBay that might soon be the only option. eBay is pretty much only going to allow electronic payment methods - Paypal, Amazon or Google. And out of those three it is not accepting Amazon or Google since they are in direct competition with eBay. :rolleyes: 

But to get back onto your thread: so far I've had nothing but succesful transactions with Paypal. I have family across the Atlantic and it surely is an easy way to transfer small amounts of money back and forth (in the "can you buy ... for me" category).

4. Another happy user.

Counting my PP debit card transactions (which pays 1.5% cashback) my transaction count is well over 1500.

My PP balance earns 2.48% currently - about as good a money-market rate going.
    I've earned a total of $866.94 in cashback from the debit card.

While the fees to receive payments seem high, they're not outrageous vs. what a small business pays for credit card transactions.

Don

5. rocketliv

rocketliv Guest

I have always had great luck with them as well! I even had a seller complain about a product a month after I sold it to them! They had already given me fantastic feedback but suddenly wanted their money back. They complained to Paypal and Paypal sided with me since I had all the shipping, payment etc. through them!

I never keep a balance on them and I only have one credit card and one very small separate checking account attached. I change my email password VERY often as well as my paypal. It is always random and never related to me. I think a lot of the paypal issues are from our lack of securing our own accounts.

6. latazyo

latazyo

Apr 23, 2008
    STL
    exactly, from not securing the account and from unwise ebay dealings (i.e. buying a D3 from someone with 5 total feedbacks....or selling a D3 to someone with 0 feedbacks, etc)

the PP fee is a convenience to both the buyer and the seller....what would you tell Target if they tried to make you pay 3% extra to use your mastercard? I know what I'd tell them...

7. PayPal has been stellar for me. I have completed many successful transactions. :smile:

8. PayPal has been great for me. I have over 600 transactions with them. I've had my account there for over 7 years and never had a problem. Just as a precaution, I keep it linked to a checking account that is used only for that purpose...so far, so good! I can't imagine buying and selling on eBay the way I do and not having one.

9. Paypal has been great for me as well. No copmlaints so far.

10. Same here, love it. Just bought a 300mm AF-SII with it today.

11. Same here as well.

Cheers

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.