1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Falcon on my fence

Discussion in 'Birds' started by corns5, Jul 7, 2008.

1. corns5

corns5

Mar 21, 2008
    Florida
    This taken with my 70-300VR, The larger photo is untouched, and the 1st cropped one is untouched, 2nd was lightened in Capture NX (cropped as well).
    What do you think? This bird sat patiently on the fence for quite some time too!

p475987966-4.

[​IMG]

View attachment 223963

2. I am thinking Coopers hawk., and a wonderful shot!! ( I could be wrong though)

3. DW Brewer

DW Brewer Guest

Adult Red Shouldered Hawk. Nice capture.

4. cre8foru

cre8foru

Dec 1, 2007
    Atlanta GA
    Yup. Thats a Red Shouldered Hawk. Nice pic.

5. bfjr

bfjr Guest

#3 and maybe not so tight a crop

heck of a nice catch :wink:

6. kgilby

kgilby

Oct 2, 2007
    Chicago
    Very nice. Quite sharp and great detail.

7. corns5

corns5

Mar 21, 2008
    Florida
    Thankyou all for your comments! Re-cropped a bit on the original and lightened the hawk. I think this is a bit nicer too! I love this hobby when it works!!!

[​IMG]

8. Nice shot Carol!

9. Knock out gorgeous photo of a hawk! WOW! You did good, girl!:biggrin:

10. Humanoid

Humanoid

Apr 24, 2006
    Cool shot Carol. That would have freaked me out to see him on my fence. I would have probably tripped over myself trying to get my camera:biggrin:

Cheers,

Ray

11. corns5

corns5

Mar 21, 2008
    Florida
    Thank you so much for your wonderful encouragement, Dianne:

And Ray, too ROTFL!! :
    Yep, I had on my 18-135 kit lenses on the camera at first, and my dd screams in the house, "Mom, come out quick, theres a bird out there ya gotta get, go get your camera!"
    Well that camera lens is bad for this kind of thing and so, I actually came back into the house changed lenses and filters, thinking the hawk would not be there still. As I drew closer to the front of my property, he flew across the street and waited on my neighbors fence, while I walked slowly near him, and caught this image!! I missed a similar opportunity once before on our back fence, so this was soooo cool!!! Thank you all for the encouragement!!

12. Very nice Carol. Wish I could find one on my fence. That is pretty neat.

13. Very nice shot, well done.

14. Holmes

Holmes

Oct 28, 2006
    Wyoming, USA
    Very nice. I'm afraid I'd have fumbled my kit getting set up, too! Not many opportunities like this, good job.

15. beautiful shot indeed.

16. Ron S

Ron S Guest

Great shots and how cool to have him show up for ya like that. Great job! :) 

17. corns5

corns5

Mar 21, 2008
    Florida
    Thank you all for your wonderful encouragement!! I love the people here at the cafe! Yep, so cool for the hawk to pose for me in my yard and neighbors' !!:biggrin:

18. Ron S

Ron S Guest

I agree, man this forum is great! So nice to get feedback on photos here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.